Sunday, April 20, 2014

I Did It Again.........and Easter

I can't believe that once again I missed my blogversary!!!  It was April 7th and I completely missed it!
This blog is 7 years old.  It's come a long way and has been fun building over the years.   I remember the first post which was basic and I was still learning how to add text and photos.  
 
Today was a wonderful day for us here in Ohio.  The weather was in the 70's and sunny.  We were able to be on the screened in porch after dinner with Tim's dad.  It was such a beautiful day.
 
One of the many scenes we have from the porch is the robin's nest in the pine tree.  We've finally seen mama robin sitting in the nest.  Pretty cool to see this with binoculars.

 This is the card I made for today's featured stamper named Barbie.  Here is her card:  Mine is next to it with some changes.  The idea is to take a card from the chosen gallery and copy it and change several items in it.
 This is the Easter card I made for Tim.  It was originally made for Friday's challenge where you had to use a bunny or rabbit. I tried to raise the oval cut out so it looked a bit layered like those eggs you look into that are made of sugar.
 These are four cards I made last night.  I got a new stamp set that I was playing around with.  The last card is an apron with a pocket to put a packet of seeds into.  Pretty clever idea I think.
This is my niece and her new husband.  It seems he graduated from boot camp Friday then was married to Bekah. Most of the family didn't know about it.  It should be interesting to talk to my sister this week to see what transpired here.  They had been dating a short while.  Welcome to the family Bret.

I got to talk to my sister in Columbus today.  It was such a good talk.  She got her Bachelor of Science in Nursing and is very happy with what she's done with her life.  It's taken a lot for her to get her nursing degree then her BS in Science.  Congratulations Patty, I'm so proud of you.

Here's the song that's been in my head all day.  I remember singing this song as a kid but faster than Bing Crosby sings it.  I remember dressing up with hats, white gloves and a new dress for Easter.  Here's a walk down memory lane for some of you.

Blessing of the Day:Today is Easter and Jesus gave me the most precious gift of all;His Life.  He died for my sins and all of our sins.  What a tremendous amount of love he has for all of us.  
Tim's Dad came for lunch.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...