Friday, March 15, 2019

Finally, Back Among The Living!



Wow, I know it's been a long time since I've posted. I have to tell you, last Thursday I came down with a cold that Tim had for a few days. It's been the worst cold I've had in a long, long time.  Tim said he got it from church.
We've both been pretty miserable for a week or so. Some of the days I slept most of the day. It zapped your energy. Just walking upstairs made me need a nap! No kidding!

This was the kind of cold where you weren't hungry, but you knew you had to eat. You had to sleep sitting up in a chair with all the coughing. You took cold medicine that you typically wouldn't take AND we had Halls cough drops all the time.  If I see another honey-lemon cough drop it will be way too soon! LOL

We are beginning to feel better. Our 7 year old visited with Ben and she had a cold! Yikes, I spent the day helping her make a scrapbook. I'm praying because of my good deed today, God will keep her cold from spreading here again.

It was so nice here yesterday that we opened the house to air it out. We sat out on the back porch with the cats and just enjoyed being outside!


Our challenge was called, Three in a Row. I stamped and colored the frogs. I added the black rectangles and dry embossed the granny apple green paper. I stamped the sentiment using two different stamp sets. This will be going to South Carolina Juvenile Justice System to celebrate kids passing their GED.

Our challenge was to make a card that symbolized Spring for you.
Spring to me is Easter, so I stamped lilies. I stamped the stems and leaves first, then the flowers. I stamped the sentiment and cut it out. I rounded corners on the black. I added pearls in each flower color.


Here's the sketch for today. Lots of pieces and parts.

For today's sketch challenge. I stamped in pear pizzazz. Then I colored the centers with a copic marker. I added dsp, then dry embossed the soft suede layer. I added a narrow dsp piece behind the main layer. I added burlap ribbon with a sentiment on the top layer. Thanks for the challenge. This one really challenged me.

Dina hosted the Mixability challenge today. Here were the directions. Her inspiration for this challenge was a watercolor quilt she saw.
 
To begin, cut a full card panel. From the short side, draw 3 random lines end to end. From the long side, draw 4 random lines side to side. You can use a ruler, draw freehand, make straight lines, curves or squiggles.
This will give you 20 sections to color in with a patchwork pattern. If you're using a watercolor medium, make sure to skip around the sections so your colors don't bleed into each other as they're drying.


I drew my lines as instructed. I wanted a get well card so I knew my background colors needed to be bright. I randomly colored using my Zigs and Copic Markers. Then I added the stamping from crackle paint background stamp. I dry embossed to give it more texture. Then I colored and cut out the images. Instead of Get Well, I added the cupcake sentiment. I might just bring along a cupcake when this is delivered.
Sketch for today's card.

 This is the sketch challenge for today. I stamped the flower background randomly then added the squares edged in black marker to the front, center. I added the panda colored with copic markers. I added diamond glaze to his eyes.
This is one of many that will go to SC Juvenile Justice System for students who are passing their GED tests!


Verse of the Day:Psalm 27:8
Image result for Psalm 27:8

Here's a new artist and song for me. It's called, The Long Way Home, but Neon Feather.  Give it a listen.


Blessing of the Day: We got to see Ben and Kaelynn today. Tim and I are feeling better each day. Kaelynn and I made lots of scrapbook pages together today.

Thanks for stopping by and checking in.
Blessisngs,


No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...