Monday, September 23, 2019

Fall is Upon Us


Whenever one goes through difficult times, it's always good to be able to call on Jesus for help.
This week I had two different friends who needed prayer. One needed prayers for her daughter and grand kids to be safe. The other needed prayers for health issues that are unknown at this point.

I am always happy to pray for them or with them. Many times I forget to encourage them with a card. That's what my gift is, encouragement. Last night I wrote out 4 cards to people and they were mailed this morning.
I also put all of the things in a box that ladies have been sending me, to South Carolina Juvenile Justice System. Thank you from my heart.
Now the kids will have punches of different kinds, cards/envelopes, holiday stamps, paper and stickers. There was such a variety of items donated that it was wonderful to see that stampers were anxious to donate to kids between 7 and 17 to help with their rehab plans and school work plans.

Many times the finished cards I send are used by the kids to write home. They can also be earned by completing homework, cooperating and participating in counseling sessions.
I need to remember that my family and friends need cards too.

                                          
This was the tomato I had for dinner tonight. It was straight from our garden. It was such a wonderful taste. There's nothing like home grown tomatoes.
                                                                
I never know where these two goofballs will end up. As much as the squabble, they can often be found near each other resting or sleeping.


 This week Tim and I brought the plants in from outside on the back porch. We transplanted some of them into larger pots. There is a lot of growth over the summer, so we hope they won't be in shock for long.

This is the back porch with only a hanging basket, which is an annual. It will stay there as long as the weather is nice. It is so sad to close things up for the fall.  The pool is still open! We have a heater. I've been swimming which has been so nice on these days that get to 80 or more.
Here are two of the cards I made using this tutorial. It uses Pressed Petals Designer Series Paper. There are two sheets of the paper that have images that can be cut into squares or rectangles to add to card fronts.
I love the washy tape that is flower petals. That's what the flower is made of on the right. It's petals layered in a circle to make a flower.


Jane came to stamp, Saturday and brought her card making dies. We went to the stamp show two weeks ago and she bought three different dies to make moving cards. This is the one I chose to make. I have to tell you, The die cuts and scores the card base. Then there are other dies that cut out the designer series papers. It was very  quick to put this together with the white card base and the designer series paper.
What took a long time was deciding what I wanted to do with it next!  LOL  I can see just cranking these out with different paper and greetings. You'd have a nice stack of cards in no time at all.
Thanks Jane, I always enjoy our time together.
 This is my card for today's two challenges. The technique challenge had us make a flip-flap card. The clean and simple challenge was to use candles. Here is a tutorial for the flip-flap card.
This is a fun image I got from a friend. She also had the sentiments. I couldn't resist using these for this type of card.
 Here is the inside of the card.  I will also put something inside the card base where I  can write a message.



I saw this movie Friday, when it came out. From the moment the music started, I was excited like I was going home again. The movie was amazing!



Verse of the Day: Proverbs 17:28
Image result for Proverbs 17:28

This is a new Christian Artist for me. He used to lead worship at Elevation Church in North Carolina and is now out on his own. I am touched by this song as it speaks truth about God loving us. No matter what we've done, he loves us always. It's the perfect song to listen to when you are feeling down or being attacked with negative thoughts.


Blessing of the Day: I got cards made today for South Carolina. They need 130 Thanksgiving cards. I am working on them little by little.
Tim and I had a nice time having coffee on the back porch.
Tim went to the 'man store'-Lowes then went to Walgreens to get my favorite popcorn. The popcorn was a welcome surprise. It's the little things, ya know.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...