Sunday, October 6, 2019

Another Sad Day...Pool is Closed for the Season

   Another Sad Day...Pool is closed.
                               
Thursday through today, Kaelynn was in a play at church called, Honk Jr. It's a musical version of the Ugly Duckling. Kaelynn was a duckling in the show. I wish I could show you a picture of her, but I  can't. Take my word for it, she was very cute. She's 8 and this is her second play. She really loves it. It's a big time commitment for anyone in the play.
The main characters obviously have more of a time commitment with learning lines and  rehearsing together.
Kaelynn was in a duckling chorus. This show had kids from 2nd to 9th grade. It was very well done. I enjoyed watching it with Zoey and Rachel, Thursday evening.
   

Robin's challenge was to make a card inspired by the little things in life. For me the little goldfinches we have at our feeders give me such joy. This time of year they are dull in color, not the bright yellow of Spring. I love to watch them feed and listen to them sing. It's a true blessing from God to be serenaded by His creatures. It brings me joy and peace. If God takes care of the small birds, how much more will He take care of me?
This image was stamped in tuxedo black ink. I colored with Copic Markers. I cut out the image with an oval die. I added the designer series paper then the image with dimensionals.
This is for mix349 challenge which was to use texture paste with a stencil. First I made texture paste with baking soda, white glue and white paint. I used the mini cell theory stencil for the texture paste. When it dried, I added color with watered down zig clean color brushes in blues, green and yellow. Next I added the damask stencil and used distress oxides over it. Lastly I added a circle stencil with the glimmer mist. I colored the fish with Copic markers. I used the stampin' write marker for the bubble words. I used a 1/2" circle punch for the words. I added diamond glaze to the mask and stamped plants at the bottom of the water.


Here's my inspiration for my pie card.
.
I changed the orientation and used similar colors. I kept it a Thanksgiving card, but changed the greeting. I also liked the texture of the burlap so I used the doily and the dry embossing to add texture to my card.
I layered the orange and grown layers then cut the pie and slid the first piece out a bit. That all was added to the doily. I dry embossed the so saffron layer and added it to the card base. I added the pie and the sentiment.


This is the next card I made. It's a Sweet N Sassy oldie stamp set from 2011 staring Rhubarb the Bear. This is now sold as a digital stamp online.  I made this card for Korin, the owner of Sweet N Sassy. I won a gift card from SNSS from a Splitcoast weekend of card making.  I wanted to thank Korin for her willingness to provide a prize for this event. Isn't he just the cutest little guy?
                                 
Here's my desk area after a day of stamping.  This still shows the ingredients to make my own paste for applying to stencils. I guess you can tell it was a fun day with all the stuff I used.

Butterflies are still enjoying the purple butterfly bush in our garden.
 Tim removed the green tomatoes today but left the strawberries for me to pick. There's nothing like strawberries all summer long. The grands loved getting them. Now they know they come from a plant, not the grocery store! LOL
 This is one of my roses. This is the third year for this rose and it really performed! It's been gorgeous all summer.
Here it is, the last look at the open pool. Tim's draining some of the water in preparation to close it today. I call this, A Sad Day, when the pool is officially closed for the season.
 Here it is again, the pool closed for the season. I have to admit it's October 5th. I've had a whole month longer to swim than neighbors due to the heater we have. I was swimming this week when temps went to upper 80's and 90's. I can't complain about that.
It will be late May 2020 when we open the pool for the summer. I'm counting the days!
When the pool is up, I swim daily. I love inviting friends to swim with me too. I have a dear friend who comes over to swim, eat with us then make cards. She loves those triple bonus days!
Most times she comes for stamping. Her husband works evenings so we invite her to dinner when she's coming over to stamp with me.



Verse of the Day: Isaiah 61:7
Image result for Isaiah 61:7



Blessing of the Day: We got to see Ben, Rachel, Brianna, the girls and Tim's Dad this morning. They had all had breakfast then stopped here before going to Kaelynn's play.  It was fun to see them all. It filled the house with wonderful kid noise! Grandma's like that sort of thing. :)

Tim got the pool closed today. He also got tomatoes picked and vines pulled out. He also cleaned and checked the furnace to prepare it for cooler days and nights.

I got a nice, long nap today.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
Bensarmom

Bensarmom

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...