Thursday, July 12, 2018

Beach, Bats, Strawberries, Stars, Cards and Calm


I love the ocean. I love the sounds, the smell and the peace I get from being there. I've brought the ocean to you today. I don't know about you but sometimes I just need to be at the beach.


The other night as Tim and I sat in the screened in porch, we saw bats begin to dive near the pool water. This was at dusk. We're not sure if they are getting something to drink or getting bugs.  Whatever it was, it was fun to watch.
It reminded me not to be in the pool at dusk.  Tim teased and said if I wasn't careful I'd get a bat in my hair. Funny huh?
 This morning Tim came in from outside and I heard him get a plate and cut something up. Next thing I know he's presenting me with fresh strawberries from the garden. What a sweet guy. Guess He loves me. So grateful that God brought him into my life.


Pretty interesting how science says what God says.

These are the all-stars we're sending to the All Star Game.  I think we should put this banner up in the square where Lebron James was.  


 This is one of the cards we made at my class Monday.  I showed the ladies how versamark is such a versatile ink since it takes on the color of what you stamp it on.  I also showed them that they could add a small glue dot to ribbon to give it dimension.  We also colored on stamps with markers.  That was new to some of them.

This was for the color challenge this week on SCS. The colors were heather highland, balmy blue and powder pink. Perfect baby colors I thought. This card will be one of many being donated to this month's Cards for a Cause on SCS.

 This is a beautiful stamp from my stamping friend Jan.  I stamped and colored this. I added it to a gorgeous embossing folder she had.  Thanks Jan for your supplies and a fun day stamping.

This is the bag we made at my Monday class. I like showing them different 3-D projects they can do This bag can easily be shortened if needed.

 This is another card made thanks to Jan. I colored the flowers and fussy cut them. Then I added them to the gorgeous embossed background.

This card was from last week's ways to use it challenge on SCS. You were to make a gel plate impression as a background.  I didn't have a gel plate so I used an acrylic block.
I added oxide inks to block then spritzed with rubbing alcohol. I stamped the silhouette, framed it with black then added it to the poppy paper. I used Sweet N Sassy Stamps, Landscape Silhouettes to stamp over the background.

This card was for today's ways to use it challenge. We were told to make a simple card based on Henry David Thoreau. I found a quote I liked from Walden Pond and used it as my sentiment.  It's a good reminder to do things today, tomorrow's not guaranteed.

Verse of the Day: Lord make me an instrument of peace and may I bring love, faith, hope and light into the lives of all I meet.
I love how God can change hatred, doubt, despair and shadows into something good through His people and through His love and knowing Him.

Take a listen to this song by Matthew West.


Blessing of the Day: Tim brought strawberries freshly picked from the garden. I worked on lots of things today and got them off my 'to do' list.

Thank you for stopping by. I love hearing from you.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...