Thursday, July 5, 2007

Ribbon was the Challenge Today on SCS

On Splitcoast Stampers the challenge was to use ribbon. I've loved this ribbon since I bought it. Yet, it sat in the box unused. Today with the challenge to use ribbon, I started with this ribbon and made the card around it. The ribbon matched beautifully with burgundy, pretty in pink and pumpkin. I stamped the sunflower in pink and pumpkin with a burgundy center. I stamped in burgundy and pumpkin on the pumpkin cardstock. The sunflower has burgundy dabbed around the outside. the ribbon was cut on each edge and frayed. I looks neat because you can see the different colors of the ribbon. I love doing the challenges on SCS. It's amazing how much you can learn by doing these.

3 comments:

Debbi said...

I love the frayed ribbon, it gives such a great accent!
You've been tagged:http://debbirippentrop.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi, I don't usually post comments but this ribbon is really neat. It reminded me of fireworks. I have been trying to decide what to do with my fireworks pics and this would be perfect. Can I ask what type of ribbon it is and where did you get it from?

Thanks in advance,
Always believing in God,
Christie in Ohio
cmcchristie@sbcglobal.net

bensarmom said...

Christie,
The ribbon is from Michael's. 5/8" 4 feet 220957.
Hope that helps.
Sue

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...