Wednesday, January 28, 2009

SNOW DAY, I GET TO PLAY!

What's one of the BEST feelings in the world? A SNOW DAY of course! Today was just that for us here in Ohio. Snow piled up inch by inch and winds blew. It was the perfect day to make my Changito monkey! He was stamped and given to me by Linda Anderson(Studbo). Wasn't that just a sweet thing to do? When I saw this little guy I knew what I wanted to do. The sketch challenge on SCS was a help with this too. I colored him with caramel, blush, read red and not quite navy markers. I used a cotton ball and sponged caribbean and not quite navy around the edges. I used liquid applique on his had, mug gloves and the word snow. For the o in snow I used a snowflake on a dimensional. The design paper is an old holiday paper from SU called Sparkling Holiday. The background has light snow stamped in white.


Thank you to Michelle Goodrich for her wonderful card! She has added what looks like sparkling H2O's to the front of the card. What a pretty affect. She has been such an encouragement here on SCS. She looks through galleries to find objects of beauty that haven't been commented on, then comments on them. Isn't she sweet?
I'm thrilled to have one of her cards and will return the RAK soon. SHHH don't tell her! LOL

Well, here in the Cleveland area, we got some lake effect snow and have about 10 inches more on the ground than we did earlier this morning. I got my lesson plans done and still have more work to do. I did use the snow blower twice to clear the driveway so DH could get into the driveway.
Please drive carefully wherever you are.
Bless you for stopping by.
Hugs,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...