Thursday, February 26, 2009

Long Time No Stamp!

I can't believe it's been almost a week since I've posted here. I havent' been able to stamp for days now. My Sarah Annie got sick with the Influenza B virus and it is very nasty!!! Wednesday she had a high temperature and passed out in the bathroom hitting her chin as she fell. Fortunately she wasn't badly hurt and her braces didn't need adjusting. Her glasses need to be adjusted, but that's a minor detail compared to her braces and her head!
We've never had this virus before. Sarah needs to take a medicine in an inhaler and Tim and I have to take a 10-day medication to protect us from this very contagious flu. The doctor said older people can catch it easily. I don't know that she knew Tim's or my age, but I don't think I'm in the older crowd yet! LOL
At any rate, even though I've had my flu shot, I still have to take this medicine. Today Sarah is a little better, no fever, but her nose is filled and she has laryngitis. I guess she'll be home another day tomorrow so she can feel up to a whole day at school.
Here are my two cards for Monday's technique challenge on SCS. I know Monday was days ago, but with Sarah sick and me trying to work at home in case I couldn't go to work, I couldn't get these done until today.
This is my first attempt at Rubber Band Stamping. I had fun with this technique Lynn! I also twisted some of my rubber bands to create a fun affect. You can see this on the left side of this card. The image was watercolored with watercolor crayons and an aqua painter. This is one of my favorite spring images from SU. The words are from Our Daily Bread Designs. I stamped the rubberbands in versa mark then embossed with white ep. Then I used my brayer and went from light to dark with orange colors.


Here is a similar format in the blues. What do you think? I love this Serene Spring from SU. Why would they retire such a cute, cute set?

Thanks for visiting today. I pray that you will be blessed and watched over by the one who made you!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

These cards are awesome and I love the colors you used! I will have to try that technique sometime.

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...