Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Heating Up Again and Thunderstorms Rock Our Evening

Well it's going to be another hot, hot, hot day.  I'm going to be visiting with my boss when she gets here at 1:00.  She's always so sweet to visit when I've had surgery.  She and I get along so well.  I truly enjoy working for her.  I know many people can't say that. 
I was teasing my hubby and asking him if he'd like to invite his boss over for an afternoon............did I get a look! LOL

Well of course I did some stamping today.  I particiapted in the sketch challenge and this is what I came up with.  I used olive and mambo markers to  color the image.  Then added the sentiment and the pearls.  I love pearls on a  card.

Well, I visited with my boss and then picked Ben up from Grandma and Grandpa's.  They all love it when he visits.  This time was 4 days.  He usually goes Sunday after church then is picked up Wed. afternoon so he can go to church in the evening.  I'm so fortunate to have him as my son.  He is so sensitive.

This afternoon while playing with embossing I found something that worked that I hadn't tried before.
I put versamark on the front inside cover of my embossing folder and put it through the big shot on glossy paper.  The glossy paper embossed and added versamark to the lower section of the embossed image.
I put gold embossing powder on this and embossed. Then I added navy ink on top of that.  I embossed the gold again to bring it out a bit.  See what you think of this. I might make a video.  Not sure if anyone's done this before either.

I am continuing to walk without my cane. I still have restrictions about bending forward, reaching to the floor, crossing my legs, etc.  I think I'll have them for a few more weeks.

Can't wait Saturday July 31, 2010 Michelle Zindorf is coming to the Cleveland area to do two brayer workshops at my church!  Woohoo I can't wait!  Here's the bonus ladies.  If you host the workshop you get the beginner workshop free!

Hoping to sleep well tonight.
Bless you for stopping by.

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...