Friday, July 30, 2010

One More Sleep Until Michelle Zindorf Comes to Middleburg Hts. Ohio!

Tomorrow is the day Michelle Zindorf will be at Grace Church for two brayer workshops.  I can't wait to learn some of her techniques and secrets.
 
Today I had PT and he worked me hard.  I am sore now but not to the point of taking medicine.  I am using ice often to get it to settle down.  I know that this type of pain is good for me.  I have to rebuild my muscle mass.  The therapist told me it only takes 72 hours for you to lose 1/2 of your muscle mass.  So I'm building that back up.
 
I have some new pictures of projects I have done recently.
This is the outside of the card or candy holder. I CASED this from Mary. Check out her blog for her convention make and takes.

http://www.stampinpretty.com/2010/07...and-takes.html
The image is second generation stamped after colored with markers.


This is the inside of the card or candy holder I made. My notes are larger than Mary's, found here.

http://www.stampinpretty.com/2010/07...and-takes.html
My little cards are 2x2 and would hold a small piece of candy inside.

This is a CASE from Dawn's Stamping Thoughts. Check out her video here:

http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad...rd-video-.html/
This is a CASE of Francine's card found here.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...p;ppuser=87958
Hers was called Floral Elegance.
I used my scallop oval Spellbinders to cut the oval. Then used the hole part to form the oval shape using a dauber with daffodil ink.
Next I colored the image with olive and pretty in pink and mambo markers. I colored pretty in pink then added a little mambo. I made a border at the bottom with my MS lace punch. I add Pink satin ribbon and used my borders from sizzix to surround the image.
Congratulations Francine, I hope this CASE is worthy of this celebration for you. Congratulations on being chosen QFTD. You deserve it.
Todays challenge was to dress up the sides or bottom of your card and use something you've not used. I colored my images with cherry and artichoke markers. Then I bordered them with cherry. The Artichoke background was only embossed on the side. I added pearls which were given to me by #1volunteer which I hadn't used before. Then I dressed up the bottom of the card with the image and sentiment. This was a fun challenge once I had my coffee!


Well, it's been a long, long day.  I need to get things ready for tomorrow's seminar.  Woohoo can't wait!
Bless you for stopping by.

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....