Friday, August 20, 2010

Torture, Stamping, Friend and Dinner---A Busy Day

Today started with Physical Torture which isn't so bad anymore.  I guess I'm getting stronger.  I am using a machine now for my legs and have weights on my legs for exercises.  That indeed is progress.  I have a couple more weeks of therapy I think, not sure.

For Free 4 All Friday we had to use two or more stamp sets on our card.  I used SU stamps and a beautiful Sunflower Stamp from Mark's Finest Papers. 
The flower was colored with watercolor pencils and an aqua painter. I then used UTEE to make cracked glass. I add the sunflower to a brayered and sponged background ala michelle zindorf style. I stamped in espresso the leaves and sentiment. I then sprayed smooch spritz on it to give it some sparkle.
See what you think.

Today my good friend Jane came over to stamp.  We went to a deli nearby to eat, then came home to stamp, snack, talk, laugh, and stamp.  We had a lot of fun.  It doesn't matter how much I get done when I'm with a friend, I enjoy the company ya know?
  I'm working on kid's cards which I don't typically make.  I colored a lot of images from Fishy Friends so now I am going to make cards with them.  It's funny, it's not as easy to make these cards as I thought it would be.  I guess because I'm not used to making this kind of card.  There aren't flowers on them I guess.

I was getting into Janes car and heard and felt a pop in my hip.  I felt pain but when I got in it popped in and the pain went away.  While we waited to be seated I felt the pop again.  Not sure what's going on but will call the dr. to see what's going on and see if he can get me in this week. sigh............just when I thought I was getting better....I'm praying it's nothing..............

Whatever it is, God's in control so I will trust Him with this.  It's hard to hand it over and not try to manage this myself.  I'm good at giving things to God then taking them back!  Like he needs me to handle anything ya know?  You'd think I'd learn.
Thanks for visiting.
blessings,



No comments:

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and intere...