Thursday, June 7, 2012

What A Day.............

This morning I went to an in-service for work which started at 8:30. This was an in-service for a new reading series we got.  We had a three hour in-service then went to the cafeteria of the school to pick up our box of resources.  When I got there my box was gone.  Someone took the box with my name on it.  So I let the head of the department know and left.
  In the parking lot I pulled out, and just as I was going to put it in drive, a BMW hit me.............UGH, my van isn't even two weeks old!  I was shaking.  It was a young teacher born in 1982....did I say young! LOL  Anyway we went to the police department and wrote out a police report, then I called my husband, then the insurance company.  Now I have to take the van in for an estimate.  Just what I wanted to do on my first day off.
  The good thing is no one was hurt, and the damage can be fixed easily.  I was amazed that even though I was shaking, I kept my head about me and knew what to do. :)

I did make a card today for the how to use it challenge.  You had to incorporate a banner into your card.  Here it is.

Here's my card for today's challenge. I saw the image on this blog.http://paperscaper.blogspot.com/2012...tterflies.html
She has a link to the sunflower image. It's FREE.
I stamped in black memento tuxedo ink and colored with copic markers. I added a black then summer sun rectangle behind the image using my perfect layers tool. I stamped the sunflower image in summer sun on the bashful blue background paper. I added Attic Boutique paper behind the image then added my border. Love this image and can't wait to use it again.


Thanks for stopping by.  Blessing of the Day-no one was hurt in the accident.

1 comment:

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

I an glad that you're okay! My very first brand-bew car was side-swiped by a bus (while it was parked!) the day before the first payment was due. It was not a good feeling. But no one got hurt. ...Hope you get your box of resources before school starts.

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....