Friday, June 29, 2012

Worked Hard Today Cleaning and Preparing For Open House

Dear Hope,
Today was exhausting, almost like working at work.  I got up at 7:30 after 4 hours of sleep, showered, had breakfast then began to work. Got the dishwasher unloaded and loaded, towels washed. bathroom cleaned including the baseboards! (I can't tell you the last time I did baseboards, LOL) I made the bed, put clothes away, swapped out towels in the bathroom, did my finger and toe nails with purple polish!  I went to the library then to two different stores looking for containers. I did eat lunch then I started to work on what I'm going to make for the Open House. Around 2 a few ladies came to look at cards to buy them.  I worked on my very own one sheet wonder.  I designed and cut out the main pieces.  Now I have to build the cards with different colors of cardstock.
Whew, I'm tired just reading this!  Tim and I had dinner and coffee.  Then I was back at it in the stamping room.
Here's a card I made for the ways to use it challenge for today.  You had to make a card from scraps.  I told the ladies that I'd have to look in my paper folders that are alphabetized so I can find them for scraps.  Then I took a look at my table from working yesterday and was able to make a card from most of the stuff on the table.

I can only take disorder for so long, then I have to clean it up.  Shortly after this picture was taken I was getting things put back where they belong.
 This is the card I made for tomorrow's Inspiration Challenge.
 This is a CASE of Dawn Olchefske's card using the lattice in a different way. Check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrclyWuWF2s
I chose the Snow White Doll for my inspiration. 
http://www.etsy.com/listing/63915263...-white-pattern See the lace behind her?
Anyway I followed Dawn's tutorial for my card. Instead of her flower however, I made a larger flower using the scallop punches. I can't remember whose blog I saw last night that had this. She was Australian. If it's you or you know who has a video to make these gorgeous flowers, please let me know.
I saw this and had to share it for all of you non-teachers.
 I'll tell you when you work with primary kids, this is soooooooooooo true.  I hear so much more information than I want to know.  Kids are so honest at younger ages and you learn so much about their home life.
 Continue to pray for those in Colorado.  So many homes lost.
Blessing for today:I got so much done.
Now it's time for sleep.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...