Saturday, February 16, 2013

Happy 18th Birthday Benjamin John

I can't believe that today is Ben's 18th birthday.  He is an adult now.  Made me cry this morning but I'm better now. It's a bittersweet time in his life for me. I've prepared him for this all of his life, and it's hard to see him pull away a bit and become who he wants to be.    It seems like this time has gone by so quickly.  Like just yesterday I was holding this 9# 13 oz. baby.  Now he's taller than me! LOL :)
Here is my Benjamin holding the card I made for him.  He liked it!
We went to Macaroni Grill to celebrate Ben's birthday.  I got lasagna, Tim got Chicken and pasta while Ben got pizza.  Then we came home to open presents. Wait, we had to go home and wrap them first!

Ben and I had a good time watching one of the Madagascar movies in his room using his new HD DVD.  Lots of fun to be with him.  I know the time is rare when I get to do this.  Here's Ben after getting the Madagascar Movies.  He's going to do a marathon some time soon.
 Ben asked for a bat cabinet to put his Cooperstown bat into.
 Sarah made sure Ben had plenty of his favorite candies; Starburst (2 1/2 lbs.), and Gummy Bears
(3 lbs. of them!)
I have made it through the day without more tears.  I got a hug too.  Those are given only when he wants to.  I have to respect that as well.  Here's the card I made for Ben up close.

 Here's another card I made a few days ago.  It's an anniversary card.


Here's a new song by Jeremy Camp that I just heard for the first time.  Take a listen.....It's called My God



Blessing of the Day: Ben's turned into a loving. Christian young man by God's grace and mercy.  I've been truly blessed to be his mother.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

1 comment:

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

Happy Birthday, Ben! Thanks for the song.

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....