Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Cards For A Great Cause

Check out this link to see what Hope You Can Cling To, is all about.

 This is a card for the Hope You Can Cling To challenge.  You had to use orange and red in your card.  I sponged daffodil first in the center of white cardstock. Next I sponged tangerine and blended it into the daffodil. Last I sponged the real red at the bottom and blended it up into the daffodil. Love the secondary colors created by blending the colors into each other. Next I stamped Just Believe flowers then the Wetlands grasses. I added Thinking of you from Wetlands. I framed this with black paper and sponged the edges of the card base. I hope this makes someone feel better when they receive it for all of these challenges. Great idea! First time doing this Hope You Can Cling To challenges.
 This is another card for the Hope You Can Cling To challenge.  I punched the hole in the front and stamped two butterflies on regal rose paper. One was inside and the other was on scrap paper to cut out. I put the butterfly on dimensionals. I embossed the card. I added pink rhinestones to the embossed butterflies. I stamped Hope from Amuse set called Fight Like a Girl. I sponged the outside of the card and the inside of the cut out area.
 This is another card for the Hope You Can Cling To challenge.  When I saw Lydia's card (Understand Blue) for this challenge I knew I wanted to use my acrylic blocks for this challenge. I looked at my color coach to see what colors went with coastal cabana. So I stamped in curry, then pumpkin and finally coastal cabana. I wanted butterflies but wanted something that would stand out from the blocked colors so I chose pretty in pink stamped on white. I did that with the stamped butterfly, then punched it out using the large butterfly punch from SU. I added pink rhinestones and dimensionals and it was done. Thanks Lydia and Beate for inspiring me.
 
This card was for today's color challenge to use cajun  craze, starfruit and soft suede.  I did the faux wood technique using the suede ink on vanilla card stock. I stamped the leaves in different colors on vanilla and put it through the cuttlebug to emboss it. I layered starfruit and cajun under the pumpkin that was colored with copics and cut out. I spritzed with Smooch spritz and added ribbon and bow. Then I added the image panel to complete the card.
Here's a new song I just heard today by Ryan Stevenson.  He is a new artist for me and I like this song.  Look at the words and you'll see why.  I hope this helps you in your walk today.

Blessing of the Day:Lunch with Tim
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...