Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunday Already

We spent yesterday flying home.  We left for the airport at 2 and sped right through security.  That's how it is when you have plenty of time.  We got coffee and shopped a bit.  I wanted a necklace and an Austin T-shirt.
We left Austin on time and got to Atlanta in an hour or so.  Those tail winds really pushed us along.

We were on our way to the gate to come home and Tim said, "It would be nice to have a 2 hour delay so we could get dinner ya know?"  A minute after that he got an email from Delta saying our flight was delayed 2 hours!  Tim, said, "I'd better be careful what I wish for!"

We ended up at Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner which was great!  We had a full dinner and had plenty of time to get to our gate.  They explained to us that the flight crew who was supposed to take us to Cleveland was delayed in Canada, waiting for their plane!

At dinner Tim has said how pleased he was with the service we had from Delta, then the delay happened.  We also had a crummy ride to Cleveland from Atlanta.  It was 10:30 p.m. and people were sleeping and every time they made an announcement it was so loud you jumped in your seat.  No one thought to turn it down..........it was annoying.

Got home and chatted with Sarah until 2:30 or so then she went to bed.  I was wired so it was about 4 a.m. when I finally called it a day.  That second wind helped me get some things done.

I have a few cards to show today.  The first card was for the color challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.  I masked the sun and used daubers and cut outs to sponge in the grass and clouds. I stamped in olive and stamped two times to get layered look for the cat tails. I colored the cat tails with suede marker. I cut out HB and added it with dimensionals. Twine was wrapped around the image panel and a dauber was used to color the sun with curry and peach inks.


 This is my inspiration from Lisa's gallery.  
I follow Lisa's blog and pulled this card as one I wanted to make a while ago. Today gave me that chance to make it! I used Copic markers to color the flowers and leaves. I cut them out and added all but the orange flower with glue dots. The orange flower was added with dimensionals. I wanted a black line behind the image panel then added the coastal cabana as my background layer. I loved her colors and use of pearls on her card. I don't remember to use pearls on my background unless it's an obvious place like the flower center. 

This card of Lisa's is just gorgeous and when I saw it on her blog I copied it to try to make it sometime.  Today was the day since she was the featured stamper.  Thanks Lisa!

We had a fun dinner with Sarah tonight.  Her small group Bible Study was cancelled so she got to eat dinner with us.  She actually seemed happy that we were home.

We Believe is a great song from the Newsboys.......take a listen to this version.

Blessing of the Day: Home Safely and had a great discussion with Sarah Annie.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,


No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...