Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Busy, Busy, Busy, OOPS!

I have been busy all day working on things for school.  Tomorrow I am testing all day.  I had to make sure I had all I needed for that.  So I was online, on my computer  and printing away.  I worked 12 hours on lots of things for tomorrow, Thursday and Friday.  I log those as volunteer hours.  Yes, I was like this when I taught.  I love the testing part, then using that documentation to teach kids what they need.

I work with K-3 and will be testing K-4 students that are being worked with by the Title I teacher.
She needs testing done now and June to see what kind of improvement we see.

Stampin' Up is celebrating with the new Occasions Catalog.  Purchase $50 before tax and shipping and get something free.

This catalog is the one filled with FREEBIES you won't want to miss!

Yesterday during my quiet time I was reminded to resist the clamor of tasks waiting to be done. You have chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from you.  God is with me and within me. 
This reminded me of the Mary and Martha story.

Luke 10:38-42New International Version (NIV)

At the Home of Martha and Mary
 As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him.  She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said.  But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”

 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things,  but few things are needed—or indeed only one.[a] Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

Who are you acting like?   Really begin to ponder this, are you a person that has a list and needs to check everything off?  At the end of the busy day have you spent time with Jesus?  If not, you need to change your priorities.  I know that's me.  Even being retired, my life seems so busy.
I know that I control my time.  I have many distractions put in front of me by Satan.  I'm pleasing him when I ignore Jesus instead of spending time with Him.

Wow, that was like a punch in the gut when I put it that way!  I feel so sad that I'm doing, 'things' and not Jesus'.

 I need to begin to say, "I trust you Jesus" in EVERY situation.  I also need to develop the habit of coffee and Jesus 1st in the morning.  Please pray that I can do that.  Nothing in the world benefits me more than time with Jesus.  It sounds simple, but it's not.

    When We Come Alive
    The sun goes down like a photograph
    You try to stop time in the aftermath
    But it's gone, gone
    Yesterday reads like a tragedy
    I try not to lose what's left of me
    But it's gone
    Yeah, but we carry on
    'Cause we are fire
    Burning brightly
    You and I
    We light the sky
    When we ignite, yeah, yeah
    When we come alive
    When we come alive
    It feels like I could get lost today
    The winds in my mind get swept away
    And I'm gone, gone
    And it's one last time to the wishing well
    I throw down the change and I wish them well
    But they're gone
    Yeah, but we'll carry on
    'Cause we are fire
    Burning brightly
    You and I
    We light the sky
    When we ignite, yeah, yeah
    When we come alive
    When we come alive
    We are souls on fire
    We are reaching higher
    We are souls on fire
    When we come alive
    When we come alive
    'Cause we are fire, burning brightly You and I.  Are you burning brightly for Christ?  I'm going to go ponder that question.
    Blessing of the Day: I got so much done for school.  I got a haircut and went on a lunch date with Tim!
    Went to PT yesterday and things were better than last week.  The pain level is down, and I have a new pain medication. Praise the Lord, I'm moving in the right direction!
    Thanks for stoppingby.
    Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....