Sunday, May 6, 2018

Cavs, Cards, House Hunting


Cavs, in the final seconds of game 3 win it with another LeBron James basket. This was the most incredible shot!


Yesterday and the day before, we saw Baltimore Orioles. A male and female were passing through. Tim had oranges out for them and they stopped! They checked out the hummingbird feeder then the oranges. What an amazing thing to see. We don't usually see them around here. It seems a lot of people recently have seen them. What a beautiful creature!

This is one of my favorite summer flowers. It is called, Lantana.  I got one from Sarah and had to cut it back. It is growing back so well. I can't wait to see it's gorgeous flowers blooming again!
In our garden, my bleeding heart has flowers already. These grew in my mom's garden and they were one of my favorite flowers. I had to plant some in my garden.  Guess what? Sarah has done the same thing.


This is the inspiration card I used to make my card with the orange flowers. This card was made with metallic ink on black cardstock.
My card was made by stamping the flowers. The colors used were curry, real red and choc chip. Then I stamped with versamark and heated clear embossing powder over the flowers.  Then I used memento tuxedo black and wiped it on top of the flowers. I quickly wiped it off. Where the embossing powder is resists the ink.
This is the pillow that was my inspiration for the Saturday Inspiration Challenge on SCS.
Pretty in Pink Flamingo Outdoor Pillow
I dry embossed the Bermuda Bay paper. Then I put the criss-cross panel on top of that. I stamped the flamingo using the Stamparatus. I sponged the edges and added a black rhinestone for the eye.

Verse of the Day: Acts 1:8
Image result for Acts 1:8

Here's a song from Danny Gokey, called Crazy Not To. I couldn't find a lyric video so I added the words under this.


Love, I don't think so
I'd have to be a fool to go down that road
Aw, but look at you, look at you, look at you
I'd be crazy not to

I know, it makes no sense
Why would I jump off a perfectly good cliff
Aw, but look at you, look at you, look at you
I'd be crazy not to

My best bet is turn around and run
And not get all caught up in your love
My friends say I'm crazy if I do
Aw, but look at you, look at you, look at you
Oh, I'd be crazy not to

My heart, is telling me stay
Like maybe I should take a chance and have faith
Aw, and look at you, look at you, look at you
Baby, I'd be crazy not to

My best bet is turn around and run
And not get all caught up in your love
My friends say I'm crazy if I do
Aw, but look at you, look at you, look at you
Oh, I'd be crazy not to, baby, I'd be crazy not to

I know if I kiss you
It's only gonna lead to
More and more, and more, and more

So my best bet is turn around and run
And not get all caught up in your love
My friends say I'm crazy if I do
Aw, but look at you, look at you, look at you
Yeah, look at you, look at you, look at you
I'd be crazy not to, crazy not to

Today we went to look at 4 different homes. It's truly amazing what people do or don't do to sell their house.
The last home we went to visit, the realtor said her cleaning crew and helpers hadn't finished the house but we could look any way. It was an Open House. Her kids were there sitting in a van waiting for their mom to finish showing the house.

The house was dingy, had water trickles down the windows which probably will be painted over.
In one room there were tools and paint for the workers. In another bedroom remnants of the closet were out into the room. The closet hadn't been cleaned out and stood open filled with junk.

The first house we went to was a ranch with a basement. The house had water damage and the owner had gotten a few estimates to put in a drain which would run to the street system. It was a house from 1957 and looked like not much had been done to it.

What is amazing is the realtors take pictures in such a way that you don't see flaws. We would never had gone to the two houses had we seen up close what was there.

Two condos looked nice but they were too small. One of the condos had a large basement which was finished. Part of the area was set up like a living room with a fireplace. A sliding glass door opened into the backyard.
I could picture my craft room in that area for sure! LOL


No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...