Thursday, January 31, 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook January 31, 2019




For Today January 31, 2019


This is where it all began.

Looking out my window and I see that Jack Frost has been busy on my windows. We've just lived through the coldest two days in a long, long time here in Ohio.



I am thinking that I'm grateful for a heated home to keep us safe.

I am thankful to have been able to stay at home during these dangerously cold days.

One of my favorite things is making penguin cards. This card is a sketch challenge from Splitcoaststampers. I turned it sideways. Isn't this penguin so cute? He is a Gerda Steiner stamp with sentiments that say, Long time no see, and I miss seeing you.

I am creating scarves and hats to donate. I just found out today that the local craft store that takes donated afghans will close near the end of the year.
I just finished a block afghan which will be donated to Pat Catans this month. I am sad to see this craft store close. 3 years ago they were bought out by Michaels. Now Michaels will close all of the Pat Catans stores and only reopen a few with their name.


I am wearing a nightgown, robe and slippers. It's a PJ day today. We can't go outside with as cold as it is, so I'm taking advantage of it!

I just finished reading Front Cover  and Every Breath
I have just begun reading Image result for saving Amelie. A friend recommended it to me.

I am hoping to get some cards made tomorrow. I have lots of ideas. Today I used my time to finish my afghan, finish my book and do my quiet time.

I am learning so many facts about nature by watching nature shows with Tim. We have coffee after dinner then watch documentaries. The past two nights we found Little Rascals videos that had been colorized. They were some of our favorites; Yum, Yum, Eat 'em up, Grandma's kite, Hi Neighbor where they build that long fire truck and drive it down the huge hill.
We realized that Spanky and some of the kids had many different moms and dads.

In my kitchen we had soup and sandwich tonight. It's a quick, easy meal and so welcome when it's this cold outside.


In the school room Ben's 7 year old will go back to school tomorrow after being at home due to the extreme temperatures the last two days. The 3 year old was hoping to go to preschool tomorrow but her medical records haven't come through the system yet. So guess who gets to watch her for a few hours while Ben attends a meeting? Yup, Grandma Craig.


In my garden, it's snow covered and freezing. I dream of warm days that flowers will raise their heads and shine for all to see.

 Verse of the Day:Titus 3:4-7
Image result for Titus 3:4-7

A moment from my day
 Our color challenge today was to use a neural of our choice, calypso coral, pool party and coastal cabana. Dessert was to add a metallic element. I didn't do that.
I stamped the large cacti then the small in a different color. I added calypso coral flowers and espresso leaves below the cacti.
I added burlap ribbon in front of the cacti then added linen thread bow.


 The colors we were to use were cherry cobbler, old olive and crumb cake. Dessert this week was lace.
I stamped the flowers then the leaves, then the sentiment using my Stamparatus. I then ran the panel through the big shot with the lace embossing folder. Then I colored the toulle ribbon with the Copic marker. I tied a knot in the ribbon and attached it to the panel. I attached the front panel to the crumb cake base.



 Here is my inspiration:


I need a sympathy card so this card caught my eye.
I stamped the images first, then the sentiment.
I kept the direction the same, used different stamps and different colors.
I added pink pearls to the center of the three large flowers.

 

Blessing of the Day: Tim felt better today. I had a PJ day. I received a beautiful card from my twin, Annie. Thanks Annie, for making my day.
We had heat and could enjoy a day inside together.  I finished another afghan to donate and another book. God is good....all the time! Thank you Lord.

I have to say I've been feeling a bit down lately. So many sad things going on in the world and in my world.  Still so sad about losing my dear friend, Patti in December.
Another dear friend lost the second love of her life last week. My dear, sweet sister and brother-in-law are dealing with sadness in their lives as well.
I continue to pray for the wisdom and words to speak to a friend who is so angry at God for letting the love of her life, die. She's Catholic and has a different view of God. I had a great conversation with her and I pray that seeds were planted.

God, I know you are here with me. I know you are walking with me through all of this. It's so hard and I am so ready for happiness and joy. But, then you know that already don't you?  Of course you do. I am praising you in the storm, Lord, praising you in the storm. For you plan my footsteps and keep me on your path. I am so thankful for you in my life.

Here is a video by Newsboys called, Love Riot. Let me know what you think.



Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...