Monday, October 28, 2019

Boxes, Cards and Blessings


Who remembers playing in and with cardboard boxes? They would be saved from everything like apple boxes to major appliance boxes; with refrigerator boxes being the best.  Did you know cats like to play in boxes too?


Tim's re-doing the guest bathroom and this is the box from the toilet. Tim cut holes in it on all different sides, for guess who to play in? Yup, you guessed it. Phoebe and Chloe. As usual Phoebe commandeered it first.  It's fun to watch the two of them play with each other and play to get in the box.

This month on Splitcoast stampers website the Cards for a Cause is, South Carolina Juvenile Justice system. People are sending the cards to me so I can count and sort them. Then I will send them to South Carolina.  So far we have 942 cards donated. 
Over the weekend I was sorting cards as you can see.

This card was for the Featured Stamper Challenge on Splitcoast.  Here is the inspiration for my card.

I changed it to a landscape card. I used dsp for my background. I added hills and 4 trees. I added snowflakes above the trees. I stamped my sentiment on the snow. I used two colors instead of one. I used gold instead of silver for my accent.




Here's the inspiration for my card.

I stamped off for the first flower. I stamped full strength for the detailed flower. Next I stamped the berries, then added the bow with a glue dot.
Then I layered the wreath onto dsp, then white then green. I added that to the card base.




The Challenge Your Stash October theme is "autumn colors." This is the first time I'm trying this. I'm late, but I tried to be on time. :-)

I stamped and colored the squirrel and leaves. I wanted him to look like he was going to jump in the leaves. I used the blender pencil to soften the pencil look and blend the colors.

Our challenge was to die cut white, paper napkins then touch with color from a water based ink such as watercolors, distress inks, even markers with water. The technique video is here.
The flowers and leaves were made last night. I let them dry overnight after touching them with watercolors. I didn't have many different pinks or reds so there's not as much blending there. There is more blending with the leaves. This is supposed to be a layering die, but this puffs up and looked too high on the card, so I used each layer as one poinsettia. I added gold pearls to flower centers. I added the flowers to an embossed panel from a friend. I added this to the garden lane paper which seemed to pull the dry embossing and the poinsettias together.



Verse of the Day: Romans 3:21-24
Image result for Romans 3:21-24

Here's a song I heard tonight by Mercy Me called, Lifer. Give it a listen.


Blessing of the Day: We had a beautiful day. We spent time on the back porch. I even fell asleep out there after Tim covered me with a blanket.
Tomorrow is supposed to be nicer and warmer. I can't wait to get back outside again.
I got some errands done, my quiet time, and got some time with Tim. We watched the Cleveland Cavs lose to the Milwaukee Bucks. It was expected because the Bucks were the champs last year.
It was interesting to see former Cavs players with the Bucks. George Hill and Kyle Korver were two that were playing tonight.

Thanks for stopping by,
Blessings,

No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...