Thursday, November 7, 2019

Our First Snowfall In North Royalton Ohio

Our first snowfall in Ohio was this afternoon.  It was only enough to cover the grass. That's the only kind of snow I like, especially if I have to drive in it! LOL


Isn't it great to have friends who think of you and pray for you and you don't even know it's going on? This graphic was sent to me via a dear friend. She's the kind of friend that you can see her and pick up where you left off, even if it was months ago.  Thanks Val for being that kind of Christian friend.
God really blessed me when He brought us together through Stampin' Up.

This is the box we'll make at my class next week.  I love these little pizza boxes. They are in gold in the holiday catalog. We have white boxes through the annual catalog.  The great thing is they can hold a gift card, jewelry, candy, 3" x 3" cards and envelopes or anything else you can think of.
I was playing with the tree punch that we have in the holiday catalog.  You can cut different heights of trees just by moving the paper.
This is another card we'll make next week for class. It's not my idea, but I love it. I added the new glitter to the sentiment so it looks perfect with the designer series paper. Here's a link on how to make this card.
My class will learn how easy it is to use a sponge dauber to apply liquid glue to things. It washes out of the dauber easily and leaves your fingers glue free!
Isn't this the sweetest little mug? It's something I made using a small box. The mugs go on the front and back of the box. You can added 3 Hershey Nuggets inside. The ribbon ties at the top to keep the candy in the mug. It's a cute place holder for any holiday or occasion. Just change the paper or stamped image. Here's a link on how to make this.

Isn't this just the cutest basket? I got this from another Ohio stamper. Here's a link to how to make this project.




Here is the inspiration for my card for the Featured Stamper Challenge on SCS.

I chose this card from Christy's gallery because I love this set. I changed the colors, the direction of the card, I added more than 3 flowers. I used a different kind of baker's twine and I tore the bottom of the blackberry bliss paper behind the sentiment. I haven't torn paper on a card in a long time. I liked that look on Christy's card as well.

This card was for Crafters of Faith on SCS.  Our challenge from Vickie was:
Scripture: From Isaiah 64:8: "We are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand." (scripture quote taken from the New Revised Standard Version of the Bible)

Challenge: Create a card or project using any theme but be sure to include some kind of non-paper embellishment.
This is a pocket card. The top of the box with the ribbon pulls off and the greeting is attached to it.
This is a navy piece of cardstock for the base that was folded in half with adhesive on each side to make the pocket. I added the silver paper and the navy strip which was dry embossed. The top of the box is a piece of navy cardstock that was dry embossed then folded in half. I threaded the ribbon through and tied a knot. Then I added the tag with a glue dot.



 

This was the inspiration for the Inspiration Challenge.  I liked the Scurry of Squirrels.
 I colored the images and cut them out. Then I built my little scene and stamped my sentiment.
My inspiration was a towel or wall hanging with all sorts of animals. I loved the one that said, A Scurry of Squirrels."

Lots of card making this past week. So much fun!  

Verse of the Day:
Image result for Romans 2:21-23

Image result for Romans 2:21-23

Blessing of the Day: Today we had to get a new water heater. The guys were here at 8 a.m. That's great if you are Tim and you went to sleep at midnight. For me, not so much....I had to get up with all of the noise. There was loud talking, pounding, door opening and closing, then the smell of gas. I had to sit outside on the patio for a while until the house was cleared out of the gas smell. I don't know how those guys could stand breathing in that gas smell in the basement.
Tim asked if they wanted the windows opened in the basement, but they said, 'no.'
So if you would have looked out back this morning you would have seen me huddled under a wool blanket with a wool coat on, drinking coffee. LOL 
That gas smell gives me an instant bad headache, so I have to get out of the area it is in.

The blessing is that we got our new hot water tank, and it works.

I am getting 5 boxes reading to send to South Carolina Juvenile Justice System tomorrow. I can't wait to have them out of the house and off of my 'To Do' list.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...