Thursday, December 19, 2019

Happy Birthday to Me and Annie

Happy Birthday to Me and Annie


So I celebrated a birthday since I last posted here. My twin sister has a tradition of calling me in the morning, and we sing happy birthday to each other. Then we talk for a while and go on to celebrate our day. Unfortunately she lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, so we don't see each other much.

She has been back to work as a caregiver for a woman with Alzheimer's for the past year. So it makes it difficult to visit. She works Monday-Friday 2-9 p.m.


Image result for birthday cake gif
For my birthday we got lasagna and had Ben and Brianna over. It was a fun night. I chose ice cream drumsticks for my birthday dessert. Tim got KitKat and Drumstick cones. I have to say, everyone who tasted the KitKat cones said, it didn't taste like KitKat at all.  It was good, but not like we expected.
Image result for ice cream cones walmartNestle Drumstick Vanilla Ice Cream Cone - 8ct

This is the time of year when parents play, The Elf on the Shelf game with their kids. They move the elf around and have him doing different things. I saw this on FB this week and thought it was hilarious, and wanted to share it.

 You know as we grow older and have less and less contact with others, that so many people are lonely, sad and depressed. When I saw this it reminded me that so many people have negative things going on in their life, that we know nothing about.
So, if you get the chance to do an act of kindness, take it. Make the world a better place, one person at a time.
 Splitcoast Stampers has a challenge to make cards. One of the challenges was to make an angel card. Here is my angel card.
 This card was for a challenge to use layers for your image or your card. I used the typical winter layered look for this cute, little boy. I also layered the snow.
 One of the challenges was to make an elf card. I colored him with copic markers and added puff paint to his hat, then added SU Ice Stampin' glitter. Then I heated the areas and it puffed up.
I used washi tape for the hill he is running on.

This challenge was to make a snow globe. This is an old die set from Amuse Stamps. I stamped the snowman, colored him, then added puff paint for the snow in the air and on the ground. I added sequins to the card and snowflakes from SU's snowflake sequins. I wanted a lot of snow to make it look like it had just been shaken. 

Gnomes seem to be popular right now in card making. They are made with dies and/or punches. I've made 4 different gnomes here and listed what I used for each. I saw another kind of gnome today that I have to make a sample of.
This week I found out that the foster kids Ben and Rachel have will be with them through March of next year. It's been a roller coaster ride for everyone concerned. Ben and Rachel have had these girls a year now as of Dec. 12th. It will be hard to say good-bye when they go back to their parents.  The county wants to make sure the parents are ready to have their kids full time. Another baby is due in April.

Tomorrow I am going to the 8 year old's school for a Christmas concert at 9 a.m.  So I have to get up early and go to their house by 8:30.  Whew, I've had 3 days this week that I had to get up early. I'm not used to doing this, so I'm exhausted! I know, those of you who work, have no pity for me. I guess I understand.

Verse of the Day: 1 John 3:21-22
Image result for 1 John 3:21-22


This is a song by Big Daddy Weave, called, This is What We Live For.

Blessing of the Day: We got 30 scarves, 7 hat and scarf sets, and 7 afghans delivered to Laura's Home today! They were happy and excited to receive these. Thank you Lord for allowing me to serve others in my community.

After getting a late start for Christmas shopping, I think I just have a few small things to get tomorrow. I hope I have paper somewhere so I don't have to go out for that as well. I better check before I leave tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
Bensarmom


No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...