Thursday, December 5, 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook for, Thursday, December 5, 2019




  For Today, Thursday, December 5, 2019



Looking out my window it is snowing enough to cover the ground. It's been a dreary day.

I am thinking I can't wait to see Valerie. She is my closest Christian friend. She is like balm to anything that Satan throws at me. She continuously reminds me of God's promises for all who believe in Him.

I am thankful that Val and I can pick up any time we meet and talk like we've never been separated. She is a true blessing in my life.

One of my favorite things is laughing with Val over things we've done as we get older. She says that it's a good thing she and her husband have each other. Between them they have one brain that remembers things!

I am creating more scarves to donate to Laura's Home in a two weeks. I'm trying to get the thick yarn crocheted first. It takes about 3 hours to complete a scarf with fringe. I do this while watching a basketball or football game with Tim.

I am wearing a pink, long-sleeved shirt, jeans, tennis shoes and socks.

I just finished, The Edge of Mercy. It was an amazing book recommended by the Facebook Group, Christian Fiction Devourers. It went between current time and during King Philip's War — also known as the First Indian War, the Great Narragansett War or Metacom's Rebellion — took place in southern New England from 1675 to 1676. It was the Native Americans' last-ditch effort to avoid recognizing English authority and stop English settlement on their native lands
The Edge of Mercy


I am hoping I feel better soon. I fell getting the mail and I'm so sore. It could have been much, much worse. Just bumps and bruises, thank God.

I am learning that time just makes some friendships grow so deep, it's hard to separate. I have a dear friend who lives in Florida 6 months and here 6 months. She is an hour away here so I don't see her often. When I do, I cry and hug her. Seems the blessings with each other continue to increase and overflow. God is good, All the time.

In my kitchen Tim made dinner due to my fall. It was great. He made large salads and cut up chicken to put in it as well. It's one of my favorite meals.

In the school room I continue to learn how to combine stamping with Christian living. Lately I've made blessing boxes and given my dear friend one. It is the idea of a Stampin' Up demonstrator. She uses the small pizza boxes and decorates them outside. Inside she personalizes a note  and adds it to the inside top of the box.  Then she prints out verses of encouragement and adds paper behind it. these are Ronda Wade's samples of blessing boxes. She makes them and gives them out to others.

 I am working on cutting paper and getting things ready for my Monday and Tuesday card making classes. I had a dear friend come over to help with that. It's a great fellowship time. It helps me and she gets free classes. 

In my garden the roses and strawberries and safely tucked away under the leaves and pine needles we placed there two weeks ago.
 
Verse of the Day: Psalm 63:1-4
Related image

Take a listen to this song by Cloverton. It is my favorite version of this song.


Blessing of the Day: I got to see Jan today and Val last night. Tim took great care of me after my fall. He made dinner tool. I married a keeper for sure.

Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings,
Bensarmom

No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...