Sunday, January 12, 2020

Cats, Cards, 21 Years

On any typical evening you can see these two cats sleeping in the same place. Phoebe sits on Tim's lap, while Chloe sleeps between his legs on the chair.  Tim is the one who feeds them so they stay close to him.
These two are like dogs. They like to be around people. They are lap cats as you can see. They are called, Munchkin cats. Chloe is a mix of Persian and Munchkin, which makes her very friendly. It's been unlike any other cats we've had. These two sleep on the bed near our feet, they follow Tim wherever he goes. He may complain, but I think he secretly loves it.


This is the view from Mom's room. Her window sill is full of plants and flowers.  Just beyond the parking lot, there is a path that goes through the woods. On a nice day, she can be taken outside and enjoy the park.


This is a card I made following someone's directions to make a quilt card. You need 5 designer series papers the size of the card front you want. You cut off the corners in different ways and arrange them the way you've cut them. When you are done you should have each pile in the same order.

Piece 1-leave it alone
Piece 2-put top paper on the bottom
Piece 3- count 2 pieces and place them on the bottom.
Piece 4-count 3 pieces and place them on the bottom.
Piece 5-count 4 pieces and place them on the bottom.
You should end up with 5 different images on your card front.
Attach all top pieces to a piece of card stock.
Do the same with the next 4 layers.
You will have 5 card fronts when you are finished.
You can add stitching lines if you like or use an embossing folder to give it a quilted texture.
Then decorate any way you'd like.
This is a birthday card that I will send to a friend, this week. This is the outside.
 This is the inside. I'll be writing a note and sending it on its way, Monday. Happy Birthday Donna.


I was playing with, Music From the Heart stamps today and came up with this as a card. Having a stamp that makes a staff or stave, means you can add notes any way you'd like.  I added notes for Happy Birthday. They didn't have a half-note, so I had to use a quarter note for the last note.  I like how it turned out.


 This little guy is the inside of a card that says, "I love you more, every day." (on the front)

This is another Music from the Heart card.  I took white card stock and stamped a background with lots of bright colors. Then I cut it in half and made two different cards with it.  It is to show my class that they can step out of the typical black notes, and typical things you'd do with them.  Any of our stamps can be used to make a background.

 This is the second card using the background I made with Music From the Heart.

This was a left over image, background and sentiment that I put together to continue to use up pieces, parts that were filed as extras.  You have to eventually use those extras.  I enjoy doing just that. It's interesting, most time when I do this, there are lots of things that can go together to make a card.

Verse of the Day: 1 Timothy 6:11-12
Image result for 1 Timothy 6:11


This is a heart-wrenching song written by TobyMac about the loss of his 21 year old son, last November. It's amazing that he can sing this. He said, the way he deals with things is to write about them like this.


Blessing of the Day: I finished another scarf to be donated and began a twin size afghan with bits and pieces of yarn left over from other projects.

Tim got the grout into the wall of the guest shower. He's worked so hard on this project.

I worked on making card samples for my class Monday.  I can't wait to see it when it's all finished. It's truly amazing what Tim's learned and done to re-do this guest bathroom.  Thank you Lord for leading him.

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...