Saturday, July 4, 2020

July 4th 2020


It seems weird celebrating our Country's birth when so many are trying to destroy history.  History is history. There's no changing it, just learning from it.  We should have learned by now that hate is such a destructive power.  So many people hurting others without a thought about killing another human being. Life is sacred and should be valued from conception through old age.  God is our creator and He is the only one who should be able to end a life, not a mere mortal human.  God created us in His image. He wants a relationship with us. He loves us in spite of ourselves.
   To see people looting and destroying property because they are angry about something that happened, is immature and morally wrong.  Innocent owners have had their lives destroyed because, 'a man was angry.'  It sickened me to watch gangs of people openly throw glass bottles at police cruisers.
   I saw crowds going down a city street destroying windows and looting stores. (Just because they were mad.)  Their actions won't change anything, except make them look like criminals, hurting other people.


This was a sketch challenge. I stamped the giraffe in memento rich cocoa, then colored the giraffe with colored pencils. I sponged around the image with misty moonlight. I stamped the sentiment in Just Jade, then sponged around it. I layered the paper then added the image with dimensionals behind it.

 When you stamp an image for a card, do you usually stamp just one image? For example, do you stamp just one small sunflower and make your card?
Many people stamp one image and add a sentiment and ribbon or bling.
I stamped three flowers and colored them with colored pencils. Celebrate Sunflowers is the name of the flower stamp I used.
The sentiment if from Forever Fern. I used assorted circle dies to cut out the sentiment. I added two leaf stems from the Forever Gold Specialty Paper.
Next time you make a card, see if you can use your stamp more than once for your design.
 Our colors for today's challenge were, so saffron, berry burst, terracotta tile and tranquil tide. The dessert option was to use a stencil.
I used sponge daubers to color the different images in the stencil for a background. I stamped and colored the sunflowers with Copic Markers. I added tranquil tide behind the images and as the card base.
Our challenge was to use rubber bands. I wrapped rubber bands around my brayer and used balmy blue and granny apple green inks. I cut the paper out with the seaweed die. I colored and cut the fish out. I dry embossed the balmy blue paper to look like water. I added the fish and sentiment.


Verse of the Day: 1 Chronicles 16:34
1 Chronicles 16:34 | Word of god, Love the lord, 1 chronicles 16 34


Blessing of the Day:
We had a cook-out with the kids, played cards and swam. It's so great to get them all together for some fun, family memories. I gave each of the kids their S'mores Pack. with these directions.
Assemble and bake at 350° for 8-10 mins and then just try to have only one.  I hope they enjoy them.
I feel so blessed by God with days like this in my life.




Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
Bensarmom

No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...