Sunday, February 21, 2021

Cards and Books Help Keep Me Sane

 Another week has gone by and still we have cold temperatures and snow falling here in Ohio.  Still not able to get my COVID shot, so we're inside trying to keep sane.  Making cards really helps. I send them to a group who gives them to cancer patients as encouragement and to use.

Our challenge: For this week's challenge we want to see something unbelievable on your creation! It could be something that you don't see every day in real life or something magical.
I wanted to do a singing chicken. Of course who would she sing to, but her sweet friend the donkey!
I stamped the donkey and used copics to color around him. I used my blending brush to make the clouds with a scallop oval piece of paper. I masked the sun then colored it with yellow wink of stella. I stamped the notes then the words to make it look like the chick was singing. For me this is clean and simple. I had to stop myself from adding streamers, and dry embossing to the card base! LOL


For today's challenge, create a "camo" background using an image and ink of your choice.
I did a background with the confetti image and words. I stamped, colored and die cut the chicken. Then I die cut the fence. I layered paper for a frame and added the chicken and sentiment with dimensionals.
This is for two challenges; WT832 and SC841.
I stamped and colored the donkey with Copic markers. I added clear wink of stella to the rose. I die cut the donkey with Stitched So Sweetly Dies. I stamped the sentiment then cut it out with the 1" circle punch. I layered this with a 1 1/4" scallop circle punch. I followed the tutorial to make the photo edges found here.  I added the pieces to a black cardstock base.


Here is the inspiration for my card below.

This card was made for the Featured Stamper Challenge.
I loved the bright red and yellow flowers. I used the same colors and made my card vertical. My card is a floating panel card made with only one stamp. I love how easy the butterflies on the designer series paper can be quickly cut out with the one-piece die. I did not use ribbon nor did I use a die on my cardstock.



This card was made for the Inspiration Challenge on SCS Saturday.

This is called, painted tile technique. Grid technique is what this is called in the tutorial. However, this tutorial was made a long while back.

I stamped the images first, then scored the paper diagonally. I then used a dauber and the mask to color the tiles. I fussy cut the butterfly and added with a dimensional. I stamped and cut the sentiment. It was added with dimensionals as well.

This can also be done by drawing the lines first, then stamping.

Here is my inspiration from Dawn's gallery. This card is for the Featured Stamper on SCS.
I used the strawberries but made mine the background paper. I changed the orientation and used different stamps. I used smaller flowers but placed them the same. I made my card into a birthday card. I used dies for my sentiment and image. I didn't do a collage like Dawn did.

Verse of the Day:Isaiah 45:5-6


Check out this song  by Casting Crowns called, Start Right Here. I just heard it today for the first time.

Blessing of the Day: Tim continues to make progress on the building project in the basement. I got lots of work around the house finished.
Tonight for dinner, Tim and I made breaded chicken nuggets. It's been a long time since we've made them. Tonight I had them with honey like we did when the kids were little. What a great memory.


I also finished a book called, The Thorn, by Beverly Lewis.


Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,
Bensarmom











No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...