Thursday, July 23, 2026

Inked and Dry Embossed Background

 Hey Everybody,

I came across this background  technique today from Stampin' Up in which they described how to do this technique. So, I thought I'd do a short video to make it easier to understand.

This does look like the black-out technique, however, it is a bit different and let me show you what you'll need and how to make this background.


This sample is the blackout Technique.
Here is a video to show you how to do that blackout technique.


For the inked background you will need:
 Supplies you'll need: Watercolor paper or White Cardstock (any size you'd like) I used a whole sheet of Stampin' Up watercolor paper which is 5" x 7" so I can cut it in half and make two cards. three different ink colors I used: garden green, granny apple green and lemon lime twist Water brush A Stampin' Up "D" block for your ink low tack tape An embossing folder. I used Fern and Flora 3D by Stampin' Up!

Here's the video to show you how to make this embossed background with ink.
I hope you give this a try with any of your embossing folders and inks. I think it adds a great WOW factor to your card.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Blessings,
Sue



No comments:

Inked and Dry Embossed Background

  Hey Everybody, I came across this background  technique today from Stampin' Up in which they described how to do this technique. So, I...