Monday, July 20, 2026

The Colors Are: Hydrangea Hue, Crisp Cantaloupe and Barely Blush

 Hey Everybody,

Mary's challenge was to use the new colors hydrangea hue, barely blush and crisp cantaloupe with dessert being designer series paper. You can see her challenge here



I got as close to the colors as I could since I don't have the blends. The stamp set I used was, Unity Stamps-Where Butterflies Wait.  I stamped in Memento tuxedo black ink then colored with Copic Markers. I asked AI what the closest copic colors to the colors for today and it gave me suggestions. Sometimes it's way off-LOL.

I added a black frame behind the image panel then added that to the Stampin' Up!-Delicate Dreams designer series paper. That was added to a hydrangea hue card base.

I stamped my sentiment in versafine black ink then added rhinestones. This will go on a dinner tray at a local hospital.

Keywords: CC1110
Stamps: Unity Stamps-Where Butterflies Wait
Paper: white, black, hydrangea hue, Stampin' Up!-Delicate Dreams designer series paper
Paper Size: A2
Ink: memento tuxedo black, Versafine black
Accessories: Copic Markers, rhinestones
Techniques: coloring
I can't remember when the last time was that I colored an image that was almost the whole front of my card. How about you?  I got a bit nervous doing this because if I made a mistake, then I'd have to start all over again. My idea was to start with the larger flowers first. If those went well I could fix any little mistakes that were made with the smaller flowers.
Isn't that the way? When you make a mistake or get a bit of ink where it doesn't belong, you find ways to fix that.  A bit of bling here or there. A cut out flower layered on top of your mistake. How about a sentiment on top of the mistake?  

I am always finding ways to fix my mistakes. I get to see how well the ladies in my classes do at fixing mistakes right there in class.
Do you have any large images you can color? Where will you start? What types of fixes do you have for when you make mistakes?

Thanks for stopping by today.
Blessings,
Sue

No comments:

The Colors Are: Hydrangea Hue, Crisp Cantaloupe and Barely Blush

  Hey Everybody, Mary's challenge was to use the new colors hydrangea hue, barely blush and crisp cantaloupe with dessert being designer...