Monday, August 3, 2026

It's a Sketch Challenge Today

 Hey Everybody,

Jeanette's sketch challenge for today can be found here.

Here's my card. 


I cut my designer paper, Scenic Coast, and traced the top portion on balmy blue cardstock and cut it out. I used my cloud cut out and blending brush to make clouds in the sky. 

I masked the moon then uncovered it and colored it with my white gel pen. I used clear wink of stella on the waves and rounded the corners on the top piece and added it to a black card base. 

I added the lower designer paper then added the sail boat. The sail boat is from the Sunset Coast Dies from Stampin' Up!  I added the bottom strip of designer series paper then stamped the sentiment. This will go on a patient dinner tray at a local hospital.

Keywords: SC1121
Stamps: Stampin' Up!-Scalloped Blooms
Paper: balmy blue, basic black, Scenic Coast designer series paper
Ink: versafine black, boho blue
Accessories: circle mask, scissors, Sunset Coast Dies, white gel pen, clear wink of stella, cloud cut out, corner rounder
Techniques: masking, ink blending

Here are some samples from the gallery for this challenge.
Looking at these gave me some ideas if I were to do this sketch again.  I liked the idea that someone watercolored the top of their card and used a different color on the bottom.
I also like the idea of using all white and embossing the cardstock as in the last card.

What would you do for this sketch challenge?
I hope you give it a try.
Blessings,
Sue



 

 

 

  


No comments:

It's a Sketch Challenge Today

 Hey Everybody, Jeanette's sketch challenge for today can be found here . Here's my card.  I cut my designer paper, Scenic Coast, an...