Saturday, September 12, 2026

A Double Challenge and an Album

Hey Everybody,

The card I have for you today is for two challenges. Have you ever made a card for two challenges?

This card is for two challenges, the MIX challenge to use ink pad gradients and Free 4 All to make fall drinks. I stamped three cups and die cut them. Then I colored the cups with acrylic markers. For the background, I used ink pads directly on my stencil then turned it over and rubbed the ink on my paper. Then I took blending brushes and filled in the vines and leaves. I stamped the images and sentiments on the cups and added them to the card base with dimensionals. This will go on a dinner tray at a local hospital.


Keywords: F4A864 MIX711
Stamps: Sunny Studios-Mug Hugs, Fall Sentiments
Paper: white, golden glow
Paper Size: A2
Ink: memento rich cocoa, versafine black, SU-granny apple green, pumpkin pie, Distress Inks-mustard seed, barn door
Accessories: blending brushes, SU-painted pumpkins vine/leaves stencil, domed sponges, dimensionals, Darice fall leaf embossing folder, Ohuhu acrylic markers
Techniques: direct to paper, stenciling, coloring, die cutting, dry embossing


Here's a picture of my desk after I finished this card. These are all of the supplies I used to make this card.


Today I went to a friend's house and learned how to make a scrapbook album that will be used for my grandson's pictures. He's 8 months old and I haven't started his scrapbook of his first year.  Sheesh....I'm not doing too well I guess. Anyway, it's a start. We followed a video by Tina Zinck. It was made 5 years ago, but still has a lot of great ideas in it.

I just got as far as making the album and covering the 6" x 6" pages with designer paper.

Thanks Louise for helping me put this together today. I can't wait to fill it with pictures, tags and favorite memories for my sweet Silas.
You can see there are pages that fold open. The top of each page was left open so I can add tags or journaling about the pictures.
The pages that don't have paper on them open up. I need to add paper to the front and back of each of these. Then I need to begin to look at the pictures I have to fill this beautiful book.

Well, thanks once again for stopping by.

Blessings,

Sue


No comments:

A Double Challenge and an Album

Hey Everybody, The card I have for you today is for two challenges. Have you ever made a card for two challenges? This card is for two chall...