Saturday, September 19, 2026

Easy Quilt Card

 Hey Everybody,

Denise's challenge today is Country Door. You can find her challenge here.  

Here is my inspiration for my card. 


Here's my card.

I punched assorted designer papers out and before adding them to a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of white cardstock, I measured 1 1/4" columns and rows to place the squares into. I trimmed off the excess cardstock. After the squares I added rub-ons that I've had in my stash. Then I dry embossed the quilt. I added a sentiment in early espresso ink then added an early espresso bow with linen thread. This will go to a local nursing home for resident use.

Keywords: IC1085
Stamps: Fall Sentiments Pack
Paper: white, golden glow, early espresso gingham gallery dsp, glorious gingham dsp,
Paper Size: A2
Ink: early espresso
Accessories: Darice Fall leaf embossing folder, SU early espresso linen thread, 1 1/4" square punch, leaf rub-ons
Techniques: quilt making, dry embossing
Sometimes these challenges are a challenge just to decide what you want to use for your inspiration piece. A website is chosen and you look through it and make something similar to your inspiration.

Since we're heading into fall, I decided to start making Fall and Thanksgiving cards.
Thanksgiving will be here before we know it. In class tonight we were talking about how quickly the calendar pages seem to turn.
   
I blinked and summer was over. I blinked again and September is almost over. Sheesh, How come when I was at work, time didn't fly like this? LOL

Maybe you can find something you like on this website. I really enjoy doing these challenges on Splitcoaststampers. I rarely have to come up with ideas on my own for cards!

Thanks for stopping by today.
Blessings,
Sue

No comments:

Easy Quilt Card

 Hey Everybody, Denise's challenge today is Country Door. You can find her challenge here.    Here is my inspiration for my card.  Her...