Monday, September 28, 2026

 Hey Everybody,

Beverly's challenge is to make a night scene. You can find her challenge here.

 I immediately thought of my little cuties that I use for Christmas cards.

 Here is the tutorial for the watercolor sky technique. If you prefer a video, here is a video.

 I stamped in Stazon black ink then cut out a mask with masking paper and put it on top of the animals. I also made a 1" circle mask for the moon. 

I put acrylic blocks into the ink and added a bit of water to the acrylic block with my water brush, so I could make it watery for painting.

 I painted the sky with balmy blue, then night of navy. I added lemon lolly ink to the moon. I added night of navy ink to the side and bottom of the scene. The grass was colored in pear pizzazz.

I mixed white acrylic paint and water to tap above the animals for stars. Next time I'll use less water or use white ink.

The animals were colored with Derwent and Stampin' Up! watercolor pencils. Then I used my water brush to smooth it out. The deer was colored with Copic marker. I forgot that when you stamp with Stazon ink, which is permanent, which is what you need for watercoloring, that you can't use alcohol inks. They run together and make a muddied mess if the marker goes over the ink lines.

So, I took out my watercolor pencils and colored with them for the rest of the animals.

 All of the stamping was done with a stamping platform so I could stamp multiple times to get good coverage on the watercolor paper. This will go in my stash for holiday card sending.

Here are my cards for the challenge. Which one do you prefer?



Keywords: TLC1127
Stamps: Inky Antics-Wild Bunch, Santa's sleigh?
Paper: watercolor
Paper Size: A2
Ink: versafine black, secret sea, lemon lolly, balmy blue, night of navy, pear pizzazz, stazon black
Accessories: masking paper, stamping platform, Copic Marker, Derwent and SU watercolor pencils, water brush, white acrylic marker, scissors
Techniques: watercoloring, masking, fussy cutting


Wild Bunch is a stamp from Inky Antics. I've had it a long, long time. I removed mine from the wood and store it in a clear envelope with the Santa and reindeer.  I don't know who makes Santa and the reindeer stamp. I asked AI and it gave me all kinds of answers, but none of them were correct. I finally told it, "Never Mind."  LOL

Maybe someone out there knows the name of the stamp?

Well, that's it for today, we'll see you again tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
Sue

Top of Form

Wild Bunch Wood Mount Stamp P5-0633K

  

Janie Miller Wood Mount Stamp: Wild Bunch

Each deeply etched, all-natural rubber stamp is mounted with a thick foam cushion onto an indexed wood block. The hardwood maple block features contoured sides for a sure grip and complete control. Our stamps are made in Cleveland, Ohio with the highest quality materials and workmanship to give you reliable impressions time after time.

Wild Bunch is mounted on a 2 1/2” x 4 1/4” block. The stamp image itself measures approximately 3 15/16” x 2 1/4”.

Availability: In stock

$13.50

Qty:Add to Cart

Email to a Friend

Bottom of Form

 


    No comments:

     Hey Everybody, Beverly's challenge is to make a night scene. You can find her challenge here.  I immediately thought of my little cutie...