Monday, September 21, 2026

For Today Monday, September 21, 2026

 For Today Monday, September 21, 2026

 

Looking out my window, it's a bleak, dreary and rainy day here in Northeast, Ohio. It's a great day for napping, wearing pajamas and reading a good book with a hot beverage in hand. What's your favorite beverage? Mine is caramel coffee with a bit of chocolate.


 

I am thinking-that after such a super busy week last week, I need to slow down. I need to read and do some things for myself. Last week I was busy with card making classes. I have classes Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Between those I also had 3 days to watch my grandblessings.

 

I am thankful-for so much in my life. Last week as I met with classes, God brought so many ladies and situations to light that it made me grateful for the 'little' problems I have. I know how blessed I am. I also know things could be so much worse. Praising God for my life.

One of my favorite things-is watching my grandblessings. I never know what is going to come out of the 4 year old's mouth. She constantly keeps me amused and laughing and astounded by what she says and what she knows.

 

I am creating-a very colorful ripple afghan. I wanted something that was bright and bold, so I ordered yarn from Hobby Lobby and started working on my afghan now that football season is upon us. I love to make small lap afghans for a local nursing home. To me this looks bright and cheery. I hope it makes someone smile.


 
I am wearing-my San Antonio tie-dye shirt, jeans and tennis shoes.

I just began reading an autobiography recommended by a friend who knows the author personally.  The title is From Trials to Triumph: To God Be All The Glory by Alena McGregor 

This is so interesting as she was born and raised in Russia.

 

I am learning-that sometimes I just have to do it!  Even if I don't want to do it, it needs to be done and I'm the one who needs to do it whether I want to or not. LOL  Things like exercise and vacuuming are on that list.

 In the school room-I am finishing up cards from last week's classes and putting things away that have been our for classes. It feel so good to get my room back in order. This week, I'll begin again to look for ideas for next month's cards. I love looking at and learning new things as I research ideas. I find some techniques that I've long forgotten that I can try again.

My Surprise was-my 4 year old granddaughter was sitting down to dinner with us last week. Papa was making his chicken nuggets. He bakes them in the oven.

 I asked her if she wanted pb&j sandwich or something else. She looked at me and said, "Grandma, I eat chicken nuggets at school. I want some of Papa's chicken nuggets!" That shocked and amazed us because up until now, she's never let a chicken nugget get near her plate!  So, she dunked them in ketchup and happily ate seconds. LOL



In my garden-We had unwelcomed visitors last night. A mama deer and her baby as well as a bunny rabbit. My husband works very hard on the garden and doesn't want to feed the local wildlife with it. In the front yard he has a sprinkler with a motion sensor so if they come near, it sprays them. I think he's going to have to do that for his garden.

 

A moment from my day-Today, both our baseball and football teams were winners. That is saying something since our football team has been a big disappointment for a while.

Our Guardians are in 1st place in our division just above the Chicago White Sox. Our team has a lot of young players and has had its ups and downs just like any other team. I really enjoy watching baseball games and working on my crocheting while I do that.

This is a score that no one predicted or expected today.  Our team has seemed like a lost cause for a long time. We're always saying, "Well, maybe next year is our year." So we weren't very hopeful today.  Maybe all they needed was a two hour lightning delay to win the game.  It seems that at the two-minute warning they saw lightning. When lightning is seen, they have to wait 30 minutes. They waited two hours.  Hey, whatever it was, it worked today.  I'm not going to get my hopes up for the future, but I will take a win when we can get them.


I got my studio organized and cleaned up from all of the classes last week. I also spent a day finishing the cards for people who weren't at class. I cut several extra cards in case I have late reservations. If I don't have reservations, those cards are donated to a local hospital to go on dinner trays.

Today was a great day to get some things done and to relax. Tomorrow starts another week. We'll see what's in store tomorrow when I awake.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Blessings,

Sue

 

 

No comments:

For Today Monday, September 21, 2026

  For Today Monday, September 21, 2026   Looking out my window , it's a bleak, dreary and rainy day here in Northeast, Ohio. It...