Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Many Dies, One Stamp

 Hey Everyone,

Barbara's challenge is to use real red, coastal cabana and peaceful pine for colors this week. Dessert is to add a 4th color. I added brown. You can find Barbara's challenge here.


                                                   Real Red
                                               Peaceful Pine
Coastal Cabana


I die cut the coffee cup, sleeve, lid and leaves. I used a crimper on the coffee sleeve then added ric rac and the heart and leaves. I die cut the cup then dry embossed it with leaves. I pulled a real red rectangle from my stash to put the cup on. I added the acorn, leaf and sentiment at the bottom with dimensionals. This will go to a local senior center for resident use.

Check out the tiny bits of ric-rac on my coffee cup sleeve. My other friend let me borrow her ric-rac die to make them. Pretty cool huh?
I'm not usually a die-using person for cards like this.  Who knew?
Maybe I am....LOL
Stamps: Time to Celebrate
Paper: real red, SU Gingham Gallery designer series paper, white, crumb cake, peaceful pine, coastal cabana, early espresso
Paper Size: A2
Ink: crumb cake
Accessories: coffee cup/leaf dies from a friend, ric rac die-Concord & 9th, Darice-Foliage embossing folder, linen thread, dimensionals, banner punch, crimper
Techniques: die cutting, dry embossing
There are very few cards that I make where I use mostly dies. I borrowed this coffee cup and leaves die set from a friend. I love the size of the coffee cup. The ones I have a very small. I don't know the name of the set, but I hope I can find out from my friend. 

If you look closely, you can see that I used a crimper on the coffee cup sleeve. Do you remember that tool from years ago? Believe it or not, they still sell these!

We used to make something called sour cream containers and used the crimper to close the container. Anyone remember that?

Check out the step-by-step directions to make this container.
Here's a video to show you how to make these as well.


Paper Sour Cream Container Video
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope to see you again soon.
 Blessings,
 Sue




CHECK THIS OUT Splitcoaststampers is hosting 41 challenges over 10 days!

Click on the link or the image for more information.

Here's a list of supplies we'll be using so far. Click the link to see an updated list. People are still getting their challenges ready.

I hope you can join us for a few of the challenges October 7-17th.
so far......


🍂 Parchment Paper
🍂 Cling Wrap or Glad Press n' Seal (tried it, works great)
🍂 Salt: Kosher, Course or Table, each works, but all have a different result
🍂 Pretty Napkins
🍂Tissue Paper
🍂Shaving cream/foam
🍂Watercolor Paper
🍂Plastic wrap
🍂Metallic embossing powder _OR_ metallic deco foil  
* Metallic Embossing Powder:  
* Deco Foil: Opal Deco Foil  
🍂 Glossy Cardstock

No comments:

Many Dies, One Stamp

  Hey Everyone, Barbara's challenge is to use real red, coastal cabana and peaceful pine for colors this week. Dessert is to add a 4th c...