Hey Everybody,
I've been making cards in the Falliday Fest Challenges. I'm going to share some with you.
This is now LIVE with lots of challenges.
Splitcoaststampers is hosting 41 challenges over 10 days!
Click on the link or the image for more information.
Here's a list of supplies we'll be using so far. Click the link to see an updated list. People are still getting their challenges ready.
I hope you can join us for a few of the challenges October 7-17th.
so far......
🍂 Parchment Paper
🍂 Cling Wrap or Glad Press n' Seal (tried it, works great)
🍂 Salt: Kosher, Course or Table, each works, but all have a different result
🍂 Pretty Napkins
🍂Tissue Paper
🍂Shaving cream/foam
🍂Watercolor Paper
🍂Plastic wrap
🍂Metallic embossing powder _OR_ metallic deco foil
* Metallic Embossing Powder:
* Deco Foil: Opal Deco Foil
🍂 Glossy Card stock
Here are a few more cards that I've made for these challenges.
Our challenge is snow. I used a long retired SU set called, Scenic Season. I took a 1 1/2" circle punch and a post-it note to mask the moon. I used my blending brush and added balmy blue and boho blue to the background. I uncovered the moon and used a dauber to color it a light yellow. I stamped the trees and sentiment with evening evergreen. I used glue to add fun flock on the trees and under the trees. I used clear wink of stella on the snow in front of the trees. This will go on a dinner tray at a local hospital.
Fun flock comes in a small jar. White Fun Flock—such as the popular Stampendous Fun Flock in Cotton Ball White—is a fine, velvety fiber powder used to add a soft, fuzzy, low-level tactile dimension to paper crafts, greeting cards, and scrapbook pages.
How to Use Fun Flock
• Adhesive: Apply a liquid glue, a two-way glue pen (like a Sakura Quickie Glue Pen), or craft paste to the specific area of your design.
• Application: Sprinkle the white flock generously over the wet glue.
• Press & Shake: Gently press down straight with your finger (avoid rubbing), then tip the project or tap it to shake off the excess.
• Cleanup: Pour any leftover fibers back into the jar using a coffee filter or funnel.
| Keywords: FF26annsforte3A |
| Stamps: Stampin' Up-Scenic Season |
| Paper: white, shaded spruce |
| Paper Size: A2 |
| Ink: boho blue, balmy blue, evening evergreen, pineapple punch |
| Accessories: blending brushes, wink of stella, white fun flock, dauber, 1 1/2" circle punch |
| Techniques: ink blending, masking, stamping |
Our challenge was to use purple and orange. I stamped this little guy with Memento tuxedo black ink. I colored him with Copic Markers and Karin Brushmarker Pro pens. I die cut three layers then added a black glimmer paper on a white card base. This will go on a dinner tray at a local hospital.
| Keywords: F4A868 |
| Stamps: SU-Thinking of You, High Hopes-Still Sleepin' |
| Paper: white, gorgeous grape, pumpkin pie, black glimmer |
| Paper Size: A2 |
| Ink: memento tuxedo black, gorgeous grape |
| Accessories: Copic Markers, Karin Brushmarker PRO, orange gems, purple fine shimmer gems, textured notes dies |
| Techniques: coloring, die cutting |
Black Glimmer paper comes in sheets like other cardstock. I can easily be cut with a die or your paper trimmer. I prefer to buy it by the piece and I like the type that does have glitter that rubs or falls off.
Our challenge was to make a card that uses things that hold things together on our card. I used painter's tape for my background and put it into the ink then pressed it onto my background paper. Here's the tutorial I used for this technique. I used boho blue and old olive. I stamped the image and colored it with Copic Markers. I used some of my purple glimmer washi tape as a bandage for the little lemur. I also used a mini paper clip to hold the sign onto the image panel. This will go on a dinner tray at a local hospital.
|
Here's a video to show you how to do the painter's tape technique I did for the background of my card.
Glimmer and glitter washi tapes are decorative, paper-based adhesive tapes infused with shimmering finishes for scrapbooking, journaling, card making, and gift wrapping. Hobby Lobby carries these.
Well, there you have it another day of challenges. Are there any that interest you? I've enjoyed finding old stamps to use. It's fun to dust them off and use them again. It is a great feeling to have my stamps used and not just sitting in a drawer.
Our Cleveland Guardians came back from 0-2 in playoff games to win last night! Their pitching was unbelieveable!
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your day.
Blessings,
Sue








No comments:
Post a Comment