Hey Everybody,
Anna's challenge is Fall colors. You can find her challenge here.
The background was created on white cardstock with distress inks and blending brushes. The distress inks I used were, mowed lawn, spiced marmalade, mustard seed, and barn door. I chose these colors for their brightness and the way they blend well together.
I also blended them because I knew the leaves when dry embossed on the paper would look more natural in color than I could make them by coloring them. They may not look real, but they are blended and pretty.
I stamped the image in Memento tuxedo black ink then colored with Copic Markers similar to inks used for the background. The background was created with distress inks and blending brushes.The stamp is from Globeland called, Autumn Fashion Women on Amazon. The sentiment is from a group of Fall stamps that just say, Fall Sentiments. I framed the sentiment and image with black and added it all to a white card base. This will go on a dinner tray at a local hospital.
| Keywords: MIX714 |
| Stamps: Globeland-Autumn Fashion Women, Fall Sentiments |
| Paper: white, black |
| Ink: Distress Inks-mowed lawn, spiced marmalade, mustard seed, barn door, Memento tuxedo black ink |
| Accessories: Copic Markers, blending brushes, Honey Bee-Hugs and Kisses gems, dimensionals |
| Techniques: ink blending, dry embossing, coloring |
I stamped in Memento tuxedo black ink then colored with Copic Markers similar to inks used for the background. I dry embossed the inked panel with a Darice embossing folder called, Foliage. I framed the sentiment and image with black and added it all to a white card base. This will go on a dinner tray at a local hospital.
If you were to do this challenge, what would you make with the prompt, Fall Colors? Here are a few cards from the challenge gallery. What do you think? I love that each are so different from the next one.
We all have different ideas of Fall Colors. That's why I just love these challenges. They get the creative juices flowing and have me looking through my stamps to find just the right one or two to try.

No comments:
Post a Comment