Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What a Feeling

It's amazing the feeling you have when you DON'T have to have cards ready for a workshop, card ministry, or Open House.  I can stamp what I want, and just have fun!  I've been busy the past few weeks making SU only cards for samples for my Open House.  Then I was busy making items to sell Sunday at Church where we had Christmas in July.  Today I stamped with a friend named Pam, and she brought over some of the cutest stamps to play with!
Here are a few cards that I made from them:
Here is a card I CASED from Pam's blog found here:
Pam came over today and we traded stamp images. She brought the sand castle and wondered what would happen if we stamped it on fine sand paper. So I tried it and found that my ink didn't dry, so I used clear embossing powder, then heated it and it looked great! I colored Changito like Pam did then put my card together a bit differently, but she was the major reason I put these two images together. I rarely have two images on a card front. Thanks Pam for a fun stamping day.
                               
Changito diver was stamped with memento tuxedo black ink. It was colored with copic markers. The background was embossed in the big shot, then I used a brayer and lightly rolled versamark over the raised part of the embossed area, then added clear embossing powder. I think it brings out the embossing a bit more. I added the two scallop oval cutouts and the text. I added yellow bling to the upper left corner as well.
I played in the Color Challenge for today on SCS and made three cards, I loved the color combo so much! LOL  The colors today were daffodil, tangerine and indigo.  The first card I used glossy cardstock and brayered the colors on then stamped the grass and flowers in black.  I masked the moon then colored it with daffodil with a dauber.  I added daffodil ribbon to the center of the card.
 
This stamp set by SU is one of my new favs.  I've always loved 2-step stamping sets and this one is so easy to use.
In this last card, I used the cut out portion of cardstock from the previous card and stamped the flowers around it.  I inserted it into another cut out and made a wreath.  This is making this new set more versatile.  That's what I like to do; show customers other things they can do with their sets, instead of the obvious.
It's been such a great day for stamping!  The temp. here was about 83 degrees so we could actually go outside.  We now have the house opened up to feel the breeze that is blowing.  It's so nice to be able to get out and enjoy the summer day when it's like this.  We were starting to feel like we do in winter when it's so cold we can't go outside. We're never happy are we? LOL
 Well, I have some reading to do in my book The Help.  I also have a few videos to watch.
God Bless,

1 comment:

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

Amazing stamping on sand paper! I never would've thought of that. Love all that you shared today. Get out and enjoy this mild weather before our next heat wave!

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...