Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cardmaking, Crushers, Cinnamon Cake

I've had some fun with the Dare To Get Dirty challenges on Splitcoaststamers site this week.  I am almost finished with ALL of them.  There were 25 in all and you could combine challenges, which is what I did.  Here are some of the cards I made this week.
This card was brayered with three colors of ink then I stamped with my multi-color ink pad called Kaliedescope-Autumn leaves, then I added For You. This was done with glossy cardstock.

This is a matchbox made with the SU Sizzix die.  These are cute boxes that can hold Hershey nuggets! I stamped on paper tape with my cupcake wheel then colored with a versamarker and heat embossed iridescent ice then colored with markers.
I love this cute little Changito monkey.  I colored him with markers and added direct to paper with pumpkin ink around the image. The idea was to use polka dots.
 This card was one where you needed to accent with black and use colored layering with markers.  What a cool technique that was.
This sweet little mouse was a sketch challenge.  She looks so miserable doesn't she?  I made an envy to match.
The next challenge was to make a book mark so I made one with one of my favorite flowers the sunflower.  I used the cracked glass technique on the as well. This challenge you had to use things that went with the letters from your name:
S-sunflowers, sizzix nestabilities,  U-utee (ultra thick embossing powder), hence the cut glass technique        E-heat embossing, dry embossing, eyelet
The next challenge asked for a fall card and a sketch together.
This was a sketch challenge and I love how it turned out.  I've not used a double image on a card like this but like this one.  Who couldn't use soup and a hug when they are sick?
Here's my favorite card.  The challenge was to use punches and to make something with small flowers. I made a summer wreath with the boho blossoms punch from SU and the branch punch from Martha Stewart.  I add the pearls, the embossed frame and the framing for this card.
Tonight for a family outing we went to the Lake Erie Crushers Game

Their mascot is named Stomper came to where we were sitting and was trying to get Sarah to high five him, but she just sat there and ignored him.  It was funny watching him try to get her attention. She however was NOT amused.

I have some pictures of sunset here in Ohio from last week.  It's been so hot that it's hard to get outside during the heat of the day so we come out when it cools off.  Look what we got to see.
It reminded me of when I'd drive the kids to daycare and we'd check out the sunrise each morning.  I'd tell the kids to look at the beautiful sky God had painted just for us on this beautiful morning.  I never get tired of seeing sunrises or sunsets.  Do you know anyone who does?
On a funny note, I brought home some cinnamon bread from the bakery.  When Sarah sliced a piece this is what she saw: Doesn't it look like it has two eyes and is smiling at you?  This made me giggle so hard, then I had to take a picture of it.  What fun times you can have with teens.

Thanks for stopping by and may you rest in the arms of your creator, there's nothing better!
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...