Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Workshop Tonight at Paneras!

Well today I spent getting ready for my workshop tonight at Panera Bread.  What a great place to hold a workshop.  Ladies came, talked, ate and stamped.  It was lots of fun.  I also had enough ladies sign up to do a hostess club!  We decided to do this every other month. That will help with my schedule as I have card ministry the second Friday of each month and home stamping night the third Friday of each month.  It also allows the ladies to save up for their purchases. They seemed to like this.
I demonstrated a card and the little candy box and stamping the address labels for the matchbox.  We made little bags which they loved.  Stamping and chocolate are my two favorite things to do! LOL
  We made a Christmas card and I got to show them how to use the rubber from their stamp set to do reverse masking.  They had a choice after they colored their card to leave it as it, mask it off and stamp or do reverse masking.
Here are the card choices they had:
This is the third choice card makers at my workshop had to make their card. We knew it wasn't a cardinal, however a Christmas card isn't complete without a cardinal! LOL
This is the second technique I demonstrated at my workshop last night. This is the masking technique. I used the stamp from the clear set and placed it over the bird and stamped with a sponge all around the bird. I liked the look it gave.
This is the first card I demonstrated for the ladies at the workshop last night. It showed the technique, reverse masking. I took the rubber piece that was left after the clear rubber stamp was taken out and placed it around the image and stamped with a sponge on the image.
This is one of the cards I demonstrated at my workshop last night. I wanted to show them how quick and easy a card could be made that looked WOW, because of the embossing folder. I chose the finial press which really spotlighted the image.


 Check out this I Am Second Video by Bethany Hamilton. I'd seen the one Colt McCoy made but not this one. What a powerful message huh?  I wonder what it would be like to do one for ourselves.  What would you say?  What would I say?  Food for thought......

I want to thank my dear Friend Val for a wonderful workshop.  We also got 3 more ladies for our monthly hostess club!  Woot, woot!  Giving God all the glory.  It's interesting that last night he put me in touch with a lady who is in charge of making cards for a cause called Remember Nhu.  Our Card Ministry has been making cards for that ministry to sell.  Isn't it fun to see how God manuvers our lives?  I am always amazed at what He does for us.
Well, I've got to get this posted and get some rest.  Tomorrow I'll unpack my big suitcase full of the workshop things.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings and Hugs,

1 comment:

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Wow! You sure are one busy lady, Sue! I love each one of your beautiful cards and the effect you achieved with them. Your stamp club ladies are fortunate to have you!

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...