Monday, August 1, 2011

Dare To Get Dirty Challenges on Splitcoast Stampers Day 2


Today is Sunny Sunday and I am at home alone.  The rest of the family has gone to church.  I go to the late, contemporary service at 6 so I got to play this morning.
More challenges on Splitcoast again for us to do.  I did 4/5 so far.  Here's a look at them.
The challenge for this first card was to distress your card.  I distressed both edges of the brown paper.  I colored this with watercolors then added embossing and baker's twine and distressed the edges.
This challenge was to use a globe or map on your card.  I used one of my favorite retired stamps from SU called coast to coast.  I colored it with copics and distressed with Tim Holtz linen distressing ink. I ripped the edge and added choc chip ink. 
This card was for a sketch challenge.  I turned the sketch on its side.   I used watercolor crayons and an aqua painter on watercolor paper.  I added it to a framed embossed background then added the flowers and words at the top.
This card the challenge was to make a 3-d flower.  Check out this blog to learn how to make these.

It's been a great day for card making.  I am off to match images already colored to the rest of the items needs to make a card.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...