Monday, February 17, 2014

Fun Day At Austin Zoo

Austin Zoo is much smaller than the Cleveland Zoo and it is an animal rescue zoo.  The weather made for a gorgeous day.  It was about 75 degrees with a slight breeze.  Perfect weather to visit the zoo.
This is a wolf with three legs.  He was sound asleep when we went by.  He looked so sweet.
 I had to laugh at the lions at the zoo.  The zoo had posted signs to beware of the lions because the males sometimes tried to pee on visitors!  Seriously ?  Yup....I should have gotten a picture of that sign.  We heard people ahead of us scream, and they warned us as we approached the lion's area.  We didn't get peed on but thought it was a hoot that they'd post a warning sign like this.
 Here's a cute 'kids' picture I took.  I know they are looking into the sun but 2 of the 3 had funny faces.
 I loved that this zoo had lots of peacocks parading around.  This is what I remember them doing when I was a kid at the Cleveland Zoo.  You'd hear them calling to each other also.  Loved the memory this brought back for me today.
 We bought food to feed the hoofed animals.  Ben and Rachel like feeding this sheep.
 Sarah found goats to feed.
 Here's my sweetie.  Love this man.

Blessing of the Day:A Day with Family at the Austin Zoo.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...