Saturday, February 22, 2014

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

We arrived back in Cleveland about 7:30 p.m. and of course we were greeted with rain and cold.  I sure miss Austin!

While in San Antonio, we took a drive to the Natural Bridge Caverns to go on the walk underground.  It is a 75 minute walk through the caverns which are an amazing natural wonder.  You are not allowed to touch any of the formations or the walls.  We would kill the growth of things on the wall by touching them.  It's actually a crime if you do touch things in the caverns.
Take a look at this column.  It is the largest in the caverns.
 Some of these look like a movie set. I expected prehistoric animals to come out from behind this column. LOL
 This formation looked like a giant jelly fish or octopus to me.
 This group was called bacon, since the different minerals made different colors.  Made me hungry! LOL
 I loved looking at the sparkly formations.  Reminded me of the sparkling snow.
This was a truly beautiful natural wonder to visit.  It is a bit strenuous to climb through the caverns. I got winded a couple of times but made it through just fine.  There are railings throughout so you can hold onto something as you walk on the slippery, wet surface.

Blessing of the Day:Seeing God's wonders below the earth!
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...