Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Cards, Fun With Friends and Overcomer


Last week was a marathon stamping week with lots of different friends. The top two cards are those that my friend Emily saw and wanted to do.
We found both cards on Pinterest then went to the blogs of the gals who made them.  We did well with the first card pictured. We stamped the hydrangeas then stamped and fussy cut the roses and leaves. We liked the results we got.

The second card shown took us 1 1/2 hours to make. The gal posted the measurements incorrectly on her blog.  Emily cut the mossy meadow cardstock and I had the white.  When we layered our paper, it wasn't any where near what it should have been.

So we'd re-figure what it should be and cut cardstock. Then I put those that I cut, down on the table with the others and didn't know which to give to Emily!  We laughed and laughed at how long it was taking to make this card. To think we only colored half of the flowers too.

Sometimes stamping nights are like that. When Emily and I stamp, it's usually evening. We get tired and silly so anything is possible. Usually it's only one of us that has lots of funny things not work out. This night though, it was both of us.  We were lucky to get this one card done.  So in 2 hours we got 2 cards finished!
We had the directions and measurements to these. We didn't have to think them up or anything.
Ever have a night of stamping like this?


 These are the two cards Emily gave me as a thank your for letting her use my Good Morning, Magnolia stamp set.  I love the first card with the fussy cut border. You cut the image, attach it to the base cardstock, then cut that near the image.
  Many times when I stamp I stamp one image. I love that she used multiple small flowers on her cards.

Another friend, Dottie came over and brought this cutie pie stamp. They were colored then cut out with a die. I found this plaid paper at Jan's house over the weekend.  I will wait to see what South Carolina Juvenile Justice System needs, then stamp sentiments on them.

Louise came over and I had 4 cards for her to make. The first one is a special laser cut paper in the annual catalog.  It makes for stunning card with minimal supplies and time needed to make it. I added liquid glue to the back, then used my tweezers to lift and line up the image on the card, then gently pressed it down.  Lastly, I added little yellow pearls.

 The second card we made was the first one using the heirloom die and embossing folder. Along with the stamp set that goes with the dies, is this beautiful designer series paper.
  I showed her that we could add ink using a sponge or a dauber. That's what is on the second, oval card.

 The next card was my favorite I think. We stamped the bokeh stamp twice with the Stamparatus using seaside spray ink. Then we embossed the plant with copper embossing powder. We embossed the sentiment as well. I liked how well the sentiment matches the image panel. We stamped the circle with the bokeh stamps first, then embossed.

The last card is a pinwheel card. I wanted to use the striped paper and saw that it would go best with plain card stock. I have pool party squares with the stripes.  Once the squares are punched, it's easy to put together. The squares are 1 1/4" so I used my punch, which makes it so quick and easy.

Tonight, I followed directions from Stampin' Up to use the daisy punches with two other punches to make a large and small 3-D flower. What do you think?
You punch out 4 large and 4 medium daisies for the large flower. For the small flower punch out 4 medium daisies.  Both flowers also need a 1 3/8" scallop punch and a 1/2" circle punch.
The 1/2" circle is the center of the flower. The scallop circles are cut to make small petals. Then they are pulled up around the center dot. I then pulled the daisies up as well to give it more of a 3-D look.

You can see I used the small flower for this card for a friend who lost her husband a month ago.


Verse of the Day: Jame 1:21
Image result for James 1:21

Here's the movie my Life Group Friends and I are going to see when it opens, this Friday.
We're having dinner first, then see the movie. It's called, Overcomer. It is a Christian made film. The films these guys have made are excellent. I can't wait to see this.


Blessing of the Day: We got to see Ben today. We finalized things for Kaelynn's birthday which we will celebrate on Sunday.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...