Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Culver's, Cards and Christ

I can't believe how fast time goes! It's Tuesday, August 20th already. Where has this month gone? Where has the summer gone? Sheesh, it seems it goes faster each year, the older I get.

Today was a lunch date with Tim. A friend recommended Culver's restaurant, in Macedonia. That is 30 minutes away, but there was a Hobby Lobby there also.  :)

We got there and got a spot right at the front door. They open at 10:30 and we were there about 11:00.
                                     

We ordered burgers and fries. Tim got a deluxe cheeseburger and I got a cheeseburger.  They give you a number for your table. I was told they make great butter burgers.

 I was excited to try their burgers because when I was in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with my twin, Ann, we went to Solly's Grille. It's a cute, old diner with the best burgers. Take a look at this video and check out why they are called, butter burgers!
Well, the burgers were good, but no butter taste that I noticed. I was disappointed in that. I was set to have a great butter tasting experience with the burger. I was a bit sorry we'd driven 30 minutes to eat.

We sat in their dining room, which was nice. It was quiet that early in the day. Tim said the burgers were like Steak N Shake. They were better than typical fast food, but not as good as Solly's!

This is the first card for my classes last week. This card was made with the Beautiful Friendship set from Stampin' Up. I've been loving the color, Flirty Flamingo, so I used it for this card. I showed the ladies how to mask the roses and add the other elements.
  I also showed them they could put their image to the far left, which might be out of their comfort zone. I explained that we have to try new things to keep our card making from becoming boring.

This card is called, the double triangle card. The image is attached to the top triangle. When working with designer series papers, keep in mind that your images on top and bottom must be facing up.

This was one of my favorite cards. This is called a, W fold card. The ladies looked at this and thought it was going to be too difficult. I asked if they could match circles to circles and squares to squares?  They did a great job. I had the circles and squares cut or punched out. I had the blue strip for the inside, scored, so they just had to put it together.
  One lady said, "I'm not giving this one away!"


This was my favorite 3-D item in a while. Sam Pootles from the UK has a talent for making all sorts of boxes. This is a box from her.  By folding the diagonally scored lines, the top closes and stays without anything to hold it closed.

Tonight I went to order groceries and I was trying to decide whether to pick them up at 9 or 10. When I clicked on times to pick up my groceries, the earliest time was 1 p.m.  What? I've never put my order in so early in a day and not had an early morning time.  I guess I'll be able to sleep in tomorrow.

I had a fantastic stamping week. Last Monday I had a card class. Tuesday I had a card class. Thursday I had a friend over to stamp in the morning and in the evening. Friday morning I went to a friend's house to stamp. Friday evening I had a card class. Saturday a friend came here to stamp. Sunday I went to a friend's house to stamp.

I have to tell you I made so many cards last week. I will upload them sometime soon.

Verse of the Day:1 Peter 4:7
Image result for 1 Peter 4:7

Blessing of the Day: Tim and I got to go on a lunch date. We tried a new restaurant and I got to  go to Hobby Lobby.  I have to tell you though, I had a 40% off coupon and didn't buy anything!
Now that's not normal. It's not me at all.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...