Sunday, August 11, 2019

Slamtana, Sunflowers and Cards

                                   
So much has been going on here that it's been difficult to sit down and write. I've been working on getting card samples made and paper cut for 10 ladies for my class tomorrow.
I've been swimming as much as possible as well.  I also ordered 3 books from the library from suggestions by a friend. I've also been watching the Cleveland Indians play which has been an exciting process this past week.

Carlos Santana of the Cleveland, Indians has been nicknamed Slamtana after his grand slam home run to help the Indians will over Minnesota today bringing them into a tie for first place with Minnesota. It was an exciting 10th inning.
          MLB: Cleveland Indians at Minnesota Twins

  A friend of mine sent this photo to me. The information she sent about sunflowers was that when the sun is out, the flowers turn towards the sun. When the sun isn't out, the flowers turn towards each other.  I don't know if it's true or not, but I loved the picture.
I can't find that fact on the internet, but I found that sunflowers face the east and follow the sun through the day.
                                                
This is a card my friend, Jan and I made at her house, Saturday. It is using her new Stampin' up horse set. She had a stamp that had mountains, one for grass, and a cloud maker. We had to color the horse int which wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I like it and might have to put it on my wish list.

Here's another card I made from a stamp Jan had.  She has the cute Gerda Steiner Frog stamp set. I stamped and colored the frog. I loved his feet and wanted to have him hang on to something. I stamped the stem and added two daisies from the Daisy Lane set. I used my punch and added a dimensional to the back of the flowers. I added the cutest googly eyes. They have color to them and eyelashes as well.

 This is an older baby stamp from the House Mouse collection. I colored her, then added her to a background I made with Jan's turning background stamp. I don't remember what they are called, but loved the effect I got stamping with 4 different colors.
 I thought this was a great poster to save. We are need to hear this once in a while. We forget who we are and sometimes let our circumstances get the best of us. I'm hoping if you needed to see this, that it made you smile and  believe.


 Isn't this the sweetest kitty? This is a stamp my friend, Dottie, brought Friday. We get together each month and each bring a card for the other to make. I made this card with Prismacolor pencils. I don't have regular colored pencils. The only ones I have are watercolor pencils. I liked the Prismacolor pencils because they have a softer lead. They have a blender pencil also.

 One of the challenges on SCS this past week was to use a pun in your card. Art Impressions has so many cute stamps with puns. I colored her with watercolors. I use Peerless Watercolors and my aqua painter. I dry embossed the panel behind her, then used Frosted Florals dsp as my background.
 Another challenge we had this week, was to make a wreath. I cut out a large circle, then cut a smaller circle out of that circle. I placed the negative large circle down and the small inner circle in the center. I stamped in the open area then added the ribbon. I tied a bow then twisted the ribbon twice to get the effect on the right side of the bow.
 This card was another challenge where you had to watercolor a background then add splattered ink.


Verse of the Day: Hebrews:11:6
Image result for Hebrews 11:6


This is a new song by Tenth Avenue North called, No Shame. It is a bit different from their usual style. I've heard that this album has different styles on it.


Blessing of the Day:Today I went to church and saw Ben, Rachel and Zoey.
I visited Mom but it was a short visit. She was tired and wanted a nap. Tim and I watched the Cleveland Indians climb into a first place tie with Minnesota.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...