Sunday, May 14, 2023

An Unforgettable Mother's Day

 

This Mother's Day was one I'll remember for a very long time. God blessed me with so many wonderful experiences. Yup, I said experiences not gifts.

Saturday evening my son took me to a Lake Erie Crushers Game. It is a Frontier League team that is half an hour away from our house. I love to attend baseball games, especially at smaller parks like this where there isn't a bad seat in the house!

My favorite thing to eat there are walking tacos. It's a bag of Doritos torn sideways filled with taco meat, cheese, tomato and lettuce.  YUM!


During the game he asked me if he could visit my mom with his little one.  We met the next morning to visit my mom, his grandmother and Mia's great-grandmother.  I get tears just looking at this and remembering the sweet time we had visiting.  There's nothing like a little one to revive a tired brain. Mom came to life and loved interacting with the baby.  She was enthralled with the baby. It's as though no one else was there. The two interacted like they'd been buddies for a long time.  Joyful tears just thinking about it.

After visiting Mom, we went to Panera for breakfast. Ben told Mia that they were taking Grandma to breakfast. It was a fun time.  I'd rather have gifts of time with my kids than any physical gift any day! Looks like my son has learned that. Another blessing for sure.


If that's not enough, my daughter-in-law texted me:
Happy Mother's Day.
Thank you for mothering such an amazing father for Mia!
I cried more happy tears.  Who does that? Who thanks their mother-in-law for their husband?
I praised God for such a wonderful day.

Totally blessed is what I am. 

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...