Monday, May 15, 2023

Challenge Time

 Today I was so excited to be able to complete two challenges on Splitcoaststampers!  It's been since the beginning of May that I was able to do that.

Last week was hectic with 6 card classes, going to the doctor, watching Mia and going to a baseball game! 

Here are my cards.

The challenge today was to make a card with chocolate.

Every morning I have a cup of chocolate, raspberry coffee. It's the best way to wake up! That's why my coffee cup has raspberries.

I used a background that was already made, and added the cut outs to it. The background is called wax paper resist with embossing folders.

In order to make the background I used the wax paper technique with an embossing folder. A video for that is here:


The Lime card uses the same background technique. For the Splitcoaststampers challenge we were to use clear embossing powder on our background with any type of stamps.
I made the background as described in the video above.
Next I stamped flowers with Versamark on the background and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
I stamped and dry embossed the lemons with the lemon embossing folder. I stamped the sentiment then brushed the edges with crushed curry to soften the white.



Things have slowed down a bit now that I'm watching Mia one day a week, not three. Her mom is working part-time now so she can be home more with Mia.
That has given me time to be able to do other things.
Two weeks ago I was going through the attic, drawers, and cabinets to find things to be donated to the Garage Sale at the kid's former elementary school.  Whew, what a job, but we were able to donate two car loads of things. This helps everyone!

During that same week, I was busy cutting paper and putting packets together for my 25 card participants. Whew! I usually have help to cut and put kits together, but not this month.

Last week, I taught 6 card classes. I love that week, however it's tiring. By the time I get to my Friday 7 p.m. class, I'm ready to be done. It's a fun group of ladies, so they always perk me up and we have a great time.

This week is my fun week. I find cards I like and make them and decide which I'd like to use for class with my papers and changes.


Verse of the Day: James 1:21  Get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

We've been so blessed since we put up the bird feeders. One of my favorite birds has shown his bright, beautiful colors! The Baltimore Oriole visits multiple times during the day and sings his song of thanks for the sweet jelly we serve.  It's wonderful to be able to slow down and watch the beautiful things in nature that God provides for us. 

Last week God provided a harried, female turkey who ran through our yard to get to the woods behind our house.  She usually is with other females, but must have missed them on their morning walk! LOL

The hummingbirds are also back to feed on the flowers and sugar water we provide. They do not share so there are many spats and chases at the feeder.
Blessing of the Day: God provided the time and the birds to watch during a quiet time of coffee.

I hope you enjoyed yourself today.
Blessings,
Bensarmom









No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...