Sunday, October 4, 2026

The Challenge is EGGS

 Hey Everybody,

I spent another long day at a Sport Card show with my son. It was at Great Northern Mall. It wasn't as busy as last time we were there so I had time to do some projects for my son. I love doing that because the day goes by so much faster. We were there from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.

One of the jobs I had was taking pictures of baseball cards on an app. then pricing the cards and putting them in top-loaders if they were one value and just leaving them in the penny sleeves if they were another value.

Another job I had was to put the baseball cards into penny sleeves so they could be priced.

Lisa's challenge today is to use eggs on your card. You can find her challenge here.


When I chose my image, I knew I wanted to do a card with a cut out oval so you could see the little guy inside relaxing. Similar to the sugar eggs they had at Easter that you could look inside. Anybody remember these?


 I stamped the image with Memento tuxedo black ink and colored the image with Copic Markers, and Stampin' Up!-blends. The image is a House Mouse image called, Jelly Bean Break. The sentiment is from a Unity Stamp Company set called, Gretchen Girl.
 
I cut my designer paper the same size as my image panel. The paper is from Impression Obsession and a pack called, Welcome Spring.
 I cut out an oval a bit smaller than the image so it would look like you were peeking in to see him. I added lots of dimensionals to the back of the designer series paper to lift it up a bit. 

I stamped and cut out my sentiment with a heart die. I used a dauber and misty moonlight ink to go around the heart so it would stand out against the designer paper. I added dimensionals to the back of the heart. I also added little eggs on the sentiment and in the image panel. This will go on a dinner tray at a local hospital.

Stamps: House Mouse-Jelly Bean Break, Unity Stamp Company-Gretchen Girl
Paper: white, Impression Obsession-Welcome Spring paper pack
Ink: memento tuxedo black, misty moonlight
Accessories: Stampin' Up!-Framelits ovals collection, Heart die, Copic Markers, Stampin' Blends, SU-Easter Assortment little eggs
Techniques: coloring, die cutting

Here are some samples from the egg gallery today.








There are so many different and clever ideas in the gallery today. What do you think? What would you make if given this challenge?

Thanks for stopping by today.
Hope to see you again soon.
Blessings,
Sue


CHECK THIS OUT Splitcoaststampers is hosting 41 challenges over 10 days!

Click on the link or the image for more information.

Here's a list of supplies we'll be using so far. Click the link to see an updated list. People are still getting their challenges ready.

I hope you can join us for a few of the challenges October 7-17th.
so far......


πŸ‚ Parchment Paper
πŸ‚ Cling Wrap or Glad Press n' Seal (tried it, works great)
πŸ‚ Salt: Kosher, Course or Table, each works, but all have a different result
πŸ‚ Pretty Napkins
πŸ‚Tissue Paper
πŸ‚Shaving cream/foam
πŸ‚Watercolor Paper
πŸ‚Plastic wrap
πŸ‚Metallic embossing powder _OR_ metallic deco foil  
* Metallic Embossing Powder:  
* Deco Foil: Opal Deco Foil  
πŸ‚ Glossy Cardstock

No comments:

The Challenge is EGGS

 Hey Everybody, I spent another long day at a Sport Card show with my son. It was at Great Northern Mall. It wasn't as busy as last time...