Thursday, March 7, 2024

Cavs, Cards and Craziness

 Crazy finishes for our Cleveland Cavaliers this week.  When they can hit threes, they're so much fun to watch. To come from behind and win is very special! Check out these two games the Cavs played this week against the Mavericks and Celtics.

I love to watch basketball and baseball games. 



In another sport here in Cleveland, my son took me to a Monster's Hockey game. He has a great deal on his seats. Parking is paid for and you have access to a room filled with all sorts of food. Before the game you can get dinner food. We got ribs, chicken, salad and mashed potatoes.

 During the first intermission they serve desserts. They have whatever you'd like to drink.  We waited about 5 minutes into the break then went down. It was less crowded. We were able to get all sorts of goodies to have with our coffee.  Cheesecake in different flavors, lemon cookies, cream puffs, fudge, brownies, were all there to tempt us.

The Cleveland Monsters are a professional ice hockey team in the American Hockey League. The team began play in 2007 as the Lake Erie Monsters and since 2015 has served as the top affiliate of the Columbus Blue Jackets of the National Hockey League. Wikipedia

Monday and Tuesday of this week we had sunny weather and temps. in the lower 70's. I checked out my garden which is ready for Spring.  Daffodils are peeking out as well as the field onions that remain after almost 30 years of a housing development being built on fields of a farm.


This is the afghan put together with a border on it. Earlier in February I posted pictures of the squares laid out to be put together. I love how it came out. I wanted an easy Granny Square afghan to make. I used multi-color yarn for most of the squares instead of changing the color of yarn each round.  I highlighted the colors in the afghan with plain squares as well.

My husband loved the white afghan so much that he asked me to make one for a chair in our family room. Here it is finished.

This pink and gray afghan is for a chair in our living room. This chair is by the window and sometimes it gets chilly sitting here.

Here is my sweet cat, Phoebe. She's been more like a dog lately. She searches me out and wants to sleep near me. Here she's sleeping in a cat bed in our bedroom next to the heating vent.

I began to make Easter cards for a nursing home nearby. My friend asked if this facility could use greeting cards. They loved the idea. I told my friend I'd love to help make cards for the people there to use. Here is one of the cards I made with a new stencil. There are 4 different sheets that make up the flowers and stems. I made about a half dozen of these in different colors.

Gerda Steiner is a talented artist with her own line of photopolymer stamps. Most are cute animals. This bunny is a digital stamp that I printed. colored and cut out using my scan n cut machine. I love how these little guys turned out.

I was playing around with a baby wipe technique then added embossing for texture.


This is one if the cards that we'll make in my classes next week.

This is another card we'll make. You pull on the tab and the card stretches out to reveal the greeting. It is made with designer series paper.

I saw this on a friend's post and had to have it. I just love hanging out with my adult kids and now my granddaughter. I'm so blessed.
I hope you've enjoyed your time her.
Blessings,
Bensarmom

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...