Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Log Cabin Quilt Card

Hey Everybody,

Our site for today is collage quilter. You can find the challenge here.

This is the inspiration for my card. It's called a twisted log cabin quilt block.

I remember making a quilt block like this years ago and really enjoyed it because it was one of the easier quilt blocks for me to make.

The measuring for this is easy to do. Your center block is 1". So your first yellow strip is 1". You next yellow strip is 1" plus 1/2" which is how wide the strips of paper are that I made. The next strip is 1 1/2" and increases as you go around.


I started with a 4 1/4"  x 4 1/4" piece of white cardstock. I added a 1" square in the center. I cut 1/2" strips of cardstock and measured the length I needed and cut it. Once I used 3 of each color, I had triangles left. I just covered them with cardstock and cut around all of the edges of the square. 

This will go on a dinner tray at a local hospital.

Here is a video to show you how to make a Log Cabin Card.


You can measure you 1/2" wide strips like I did in the video, or use the measurements here. Note, when you get past 3" you won't use strips you cut with a ruler. I marked them in case you wanted to use a larger square to begin with.


My finished card was dry embossed with the Beautiful Pattern 3D embossing folder from Stampin' Up which is now retired. I also used a heart punch and poppy parade paper for the heart. You can decorate you card any way you'd like.
Well, that's it for making a Log Cabin Quilt Card. Happy Stamping.
There are some very interesting videos on quilts like this used during the Civil War if you Google it.
 There are also some videos that tell what different patterns on quilts meant to those on the Underground Railroad during their travel to safety in the North or Canada.

Blessings,
Sue








No comments:

Log Cabin Quilt Card

Hey Everybody, Our site for today is collage quilter. You can find the challenge here . This is the inspiration for my card. It's called...